The central government has allowed the memorials to be opened with effect from July 6. However, in view of the situation of COVID-19 in Agra, the administration has decided to keep other historical monuments including the Taj Mahal closed for the time being. DM Prabhu N Singh said that monuments like the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Akbar’s Tomb are still in the buffer zone.
According to DM, in the last 4 days, 55 new cases of the corona were reported in Agra. There are 71 containment zones. Due to the movement of tourists in these areas, the infection can spread further. In Agra, the figure of corona infected has reached 1 thousand 295. 1 thousand 59 patients have been cured. There are currently 146 active cases. 90 people have lost their lives due to infection.
820 monuments along with places of worship were opened last month. All monuments under the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) were closed in March because of Corona Virus. There are more than 3 thousand monuments under the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI). The 820 monuments, which have places of worship, were opened on 8 June.
Standard operating procedure for monuments opening today
- Only monuments, museums that come in the non-containment zone will open.
- Entry tickets will be issued in electronic mode only.
- Parking will be the only digital payment permit in the cafeteria.
- Visitors will have to indicate their phone number at the entry so that they can be contacted later if necessary.
- Only 1,000 to 1,500 visitors will get an entry in a day.
- Visitors must maintain social distancing. It will be necessary to wear a mask. Only asymptomatic people will be allowed.
- There will be no permission for group photography.
- Light and sound shows and film shows will remain closed until further orders.
- Only guides and photographers with a valid license will get permission.
- No food will be allowed inside the memorial.