In view of the rapid increase in the cases of Covid-19 in Rajasthan, the state government has announced a lockdown of 15 days from Monday and will remain in force till 3 May. The Ashok Gehlot government released a new guideline late Sunday in the midst of the rapidly growing Covid transition in Rajasthan. Under this, public discipline will be a fortnight from Monday to May 3. All commercial establishments and markets will remain closed in this. The way the night curfew was imposed from 6 pm Friday to 5 am Monday. It has now been named Public Discipline Fortnight, while the situation will remain the same as the curfew. Strictness will be done on the border of the state. Those coming from outside will be taken in only after showing the RT PCR report within 72 hours.
All the offices will remain closed except for essential services. Only food and civil supplies, telephone, public transport, municipal corporation, city development trust, electricity, water and medical departments will be opened. Traffic will be facilitated by showing identity cards to the personnel attached to them. Medical stores, grocery, vegetable and milk shops will open. Permission has been given to open inter-state and intra-state transport vehicles, highways, eateries and repairing shops. As before, 50 people will be allowed to attend the wedding ceremony and 20 people will attend the funeral. Workers working in the MNREGA will be allowed to go to work.
District collectors have been empowered to take lockdown or any other decision as per the need. Without a mask, there will be a penalty for not needlessly walking, not following the physical distance. Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot held a cabinet meeting first on Sunday and after that, he had a virtual dialogue with experts. Most of them said the lockdown or curfew needs to be imposed. After this, the government has released new guidelines late at night.
Know what will be closed, what will be open
- Shops related to essential household items, fruits, dairy products, etc. will be open till 1 pm.
- Vegetable vendors have been allowed to sell their goods till 7 pm.
- Petrol pumps will be open till 8 pm.
- Transport will remain open in the state
- Factories and manufacturing units will also be operational.
- NREGA projects will also continue to ensure regular employment to workers.
- As per the guidelines, markets, malls, shopping complexes, cinema halls and all religious places will remain closed.
- All educational institutions, coaching centers, libraries, social and political programs, etc. have also been directed to be closed.
- All commercial offices and markets will be closed except for essential services.
- Passengers at bus stops, metro stations and airports will have to show tickets for movement
- People coming to Rajasthan from other states have to show the RT-PCR report within 72 hours of the journey.
- Pregnant women will be allowed to travel to the hospital.
- Only 50 people will be allowed to attend marriage parties, while 20 for a funeral.
- Telecom, Internet services, postal services, cable services etc. will remain open.