Learning about COVID19 Pneumonia Serious Complication, Pneumonia is basically the infection of lungs caused by bacteria and viruses.
It’s more common to hear a patient dying of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus that’s been spreading across the world. For those who came across the COVID19, developing pneumonia is a common serious complication.
Symptoms of COVID19 Pneumonia:
⦁ Productive cough with purulent sputum and possible haemoptysis (cough with blood)
⦁ Decrease in breathe.
Consolidated through chest X-ray and physical examination of symptoms.
What causes COVID19 Pneumonia?
Generally pneumonia is a acute respiratory infection caused by bacteria, fungi, and many viruses including COVID 19. Although it may vary from the way it infects and develops.
For example, the virus may infect the lungs directly but in some serious cases it damages the lung and make it susceptible to other bacterial infections as seen in case of flu.
However, scientist yet are not sure how often it occurs.
Why pneumonia is so dangerous?
When the bacteria enter the lungs through air droplets or blood they invade alveolar space causing them to inflame and produce an immune response which causes them to fill the alveolar space with bacteria, fluid or pus, compromising lung function. Ultimately causing difficulty in breathing.
Though pneumonia can be milder I.e. a person can be able to do their work but may feel sick to severe, where they may require hospitalization.
Apart from COVID19, the centers of disease control and prevention claims around 2,50,000 cases of hospitalization and death of 50,000 people takes place the due cause of pneumonia each year.
Do viral and bacterial pneumonia are the same?
Although the symptoms in both cases are same the individual infected with the virus may develop few extra symptoms which are absent in bacterial pneumonia including
⦁ Cough with yellow or green colored mucus
⦁ The blueness of the lips
How pneumonia is usually treated?
If you are diagnosed with pneumonia, the doctor will ask you for additional tests for determining the actual cause of infection either viral or bacterial which directs to decide further treatment.
Antivirals like Tami-flu is used if the infection is viral and antibiotics like amoxicillin for bacterial infection.
Regardless Its sometimes tricky when viral infection develops secondary infection of bacteria.
We couldn’t wait till it gets clear, due to worsening of the condition. thence antibiotics are prescribed as first-line drug n later adjusted as per the outcome target of diagnosis.
Researchers are trying to develop a better diagnostic tool for sharp detection of the underlying cause.
The infection may vary from mild to severe hence your doctor decides whether you need to stay in hospital-based on your oxygen level of the blood, the severity of the infection, signs of sepsis or any cognitive impairment and other factors.
Does pneumonia developed by covid19 dealt and diagnosed the same?
Diagnosing pneumonia related to coronavirus is not as simple as it was. Though chest x-ray can help to find the cause whether viral or bacterial. It cannot exactly pinpoint the culprit. However it’s been more challenging now due to the complexity caused to perform x-ray lies afterward or before I.e. the high chance of spreading the virus to the people around.
Though it is being diagnosed by performing flu tests, and if it’s negative then been tested for covid19.
As far concern to the treatment, it’s unclear to say how often covid19 develops secondary infection hence antibiotics has been drug of choice. However there is no treatment proved effective to fight against the coronavirus.
Read more about the Coronavirus and coronavirus News
Know who are at the high risk?
Generally older people, children and people with diabetes, heart problems, lung diseases or anyone with weak immunity a at high risk to develop severe pneumonia.
According to the recent data, pneumonia is not only the complication but it develops other severe conditions like organ damage, sepsis, acute r respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) potentially causing death.
Is it better to get vaccinated now?
Along with flu jabs, influenza vaccine there are many vaccines available now against few common bacteria causing pneumonia like pneumococcus.
It is recommended for the people of age 65 and more and individuals with underlying condition to get vaccinated before the flu season begins ( pneumonia is more likely to develop in winter season).
However, getting flu vaccine now at doctors clinic is recommended due to pandemic outbreak of covid19. But it’s been suggested to reach out at nearby pharmacy where the people having covid19 aren’t hanging out.
Consult Doctor before getting pneumococcal vaccine is necessary to make sure whether you are getting appropriate one and at the right time.
For instance, PPSV23 is advisable for all adults where pneumovax for the people at the age of 65. CV13 or prevnar13 should be given to some indicated people.
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Symptoms, Treatment, Causes
Chronic Kidney Disease: If the kidney of an individual is degrading slowly in a progressive manner or unable to function as effectively as it was before since several years then we call it as Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), Chronic Renal Disease, chronic renal failure or chronic kidney disease. It seems more dangerous as it goes undetected and undiagnosed until the damage occurs such that it functions only 25% of the normal kidney.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Haematuria (blood in urine)
- dark urine
- Frequent urination
- oedema – swollen feet, handsds, and ankles (face if severe)
- high blood pressure
- Pruritus-itchy skin, can become persistent
- loss of appetite
- erectile dysfunction
- more frequent urination, especially at night
- muscle cramps and twitches
- Bone disease
- pain on the side or mid to lower back
- Shortness of breath
- Proteinuria especially albumin
- uraemia symptoms- nausea, vomiting, constipation andskin discoloration.
- Restless legs
- Neurological changes- difficulty in concentrating, irritability, stupor.
- Electrolyte disturbances.
CAUSES OF CKD:
- hereditary– 5% of all CKD cases are inherited and make up o a higher proportion of end stage renal disease cases.
- Ischemic nephropathy– renal artery stenosis may cause the kidney to remain under perfusion causing interstitial fibrosis.
- Hypertensive renal disease–hypertension may cause atherosclerosis which can cause small vessel damage and occlusive endovascular disease.
- Metabolic diseases– diabetic nephropathy accounts for around 13% of CKD. These patients are at high risk of cardiovascular damage by virtue of both CKD and diabetes.
- Chronic glomerulonephritis– it comprises 15% of cases of advanced CKD. Most commonly IgA nephropathy.
- Lower urinary tract disease– they represent 5-10% of all cases of CKD. Conditions include reflux disease, kidney stones, chronic urinary tract infection and prostatic hypertrophy.
- Unknown cause– In 30% of cases,patient who presented with small kidneys and featureless immunological analyses are found to be of unknown cause.
HOW TO DIAGNOSE?
Although diagnosis may be suspected because of signs and symptoms, family history, drug and social history since genetics or exposure of toxins including herbal, OTC and prescription drugs can be implicated.
- Functional examination of the kidney may be performed by testing serum and urine showing elevation in serum creatinine levels, potassium, phosphates and acidosis along with decline in levels of calcium and bicarbonates.
- Complete urine examination along with dipstick test may be performed.
- Structural assessment of the kidney may be done by using imaging procedures including ultrasonography, computed tomography (CT), MRI scan, and intravenousurography and plainabdominalradiography.
- Even renalbiopsy may be performed, if imaging technique fails.
Chronic Kidney Disease Stages
STAGES OF CKD:-
Based on the severity and extent of damage marked by the levels of GFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate)
|Stage 1||Kidney disease detected||Normal GFR or >90 ml/min|
|Stage 2||Kidney disease detected||GFR mild reduction|
|Stage 3||With or another kidney disease their kidney disease||Mild Moderate decrease|
45-59ml/min in stage 3a and moderate severe decrease of 30-44ml/min in stage 3b.
|Stage 4||Significant Kidney damage||Severe reduction 13-29ml/min|
|Stage 5||Renal failure||<15 ml/min|
COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH CKD:
It’s so apparent that the individual with CKD seems to die due to cardiovascular disease than to renal failure.
According to recent studies held in Ludwig Maximillian’s University of Germany, accelerated cardiovascular diseases are found to be a major complication of chronic kidney disease i.e. increase risk of hypertension, dyslipidaemia, atherosclerosis which leads to increased prevalence of coronary artery disease, heart failure, stroke, peripheral arterial disease and ultimately vascular injury at the end-stage renal disease.
End-stage renal disease is a point at which life can only be attained by either dialysis or transplantation.
Chronic Kidney Disease TREATMENT:
Symptomatic treatment are done usually by avoiding the conditions that might worsen the renal damage and secondary complications of CKD like renal anaemia and bone disease are treated through medications.
Kidney Disease Diet:
DIETARY MODIFICATIONS IN CKD:
- Low protein diet-Fruits, Vegetables, Grains such as Rice, oats, bread, pasta, barley, etc. And healthy fats including avocados, olive oil and coconut oil.
- Sodium restriction– it can be reduced to satisfactory level of 18gm/day.
- Potassium restricted diet– avoid potassium rich foods like fruit and fruit drinks, vegetables, chocolate, beer, instant coffee and ice cream.
- Fluid restriction– mainly during oedema, daily fluid intake should be restricted to 1-3 litres, depending on patient urine output. Fluid allowance may be ingested in any form like fruits, soups, medicines. However fluid restriction is difficult to maintain, sucking ice cubes may relieve unpleasantly dry mouth but patient should not swallow the melted water.
What are the symptoms of Covid-19? What precautions can be taken?
As we all know, a new virus known as a severe acute respiratory syndrome, also known as SARS-CoV 2 has been doing the rounds now that is the result of a disease outbreak in China in December 2019. This disease is called as coronavirus or Covid-19.
It is a serious type of family of viruses that are known to cause severe illness such as severe acute respiratory syndrome(SARS), common cold and middle east respiratory syndrome(MERS).
The cases of Covid-19 has seemed to be increasing ever since and has been growing all over the world now. W.H.O. declared the disease to be a global pandemic in March 2020.
The scientists have been working ever since to find out the method to stop this disease. Doctors are working day and night to cure the patients. Doctors and scientists from all over the world have been trying to come up with an antidote or a vaccine but have not yet been able to come up with any such good news so far.
Now, the first question that pops up in our head is how does it spread? What are the symptoms? Is there any way to protect ourselves from it?
Well, we have got answers to all your questions, let’s have a look.
How does the disease spread?
The new coronavirus disease is said to be spread
- from person to person who is in close contact with each other
- it can also spread from contact with droplets from an infected person’s sneeze or cough
- touching of places or objects that have sneeze or cough droplets of an infected person
Read more about the Coronavirus and coronavirus anxiety
What are the symptoms of the disease?
The symptoms of the virus can range anywhere from mild illness to pneumonia. While some people are likely to recover easily while some may not. The symptoms f the disease are most likely to be observed within 14 days.
People experiencing Covid-19 may experience:
- coughing, fatigue, sore throat like symp toms
- shortness of breath
what precautions that we can take?
According to the CDC and WHO, these are the following precautions that you can take to avoid getting the pandemic disease:
- Avoid large gatherings
- Sanitize or wash your hands every 10 mins. Use a sanitizer with 60% alcohol content.
- Wear a mask whenever you go out
- Do not touch your face
- Avoid close contact with people (around 6 feet) with anyone who is sick or has such symptoms
- Clean and disinfect your regular places often
- Always cover your nose and mouth with a handkerchief or your elbow when you sneeze.
- Avoid eating uncooked or raw meat
- Maintain social distancing by staying at home.
What can I do I am or might be having coronavirus?
if you have been faced to any symptoms mentioned above then:
- Contact a doctor immediately and get yourself checked
- Inform your doctor if you have traveled internationally or you are in close contact with anyone.
- Inform the doctor before visiting so that they can disinfect and can be prepared so that others are not harmed.
If you have been exposed to the pandemic coronavirus then:
- Self-quarantine yourself
- Avoid going out or using any public transportations
- Wear a mask around other family members and maintain a distance from them
- Don’t share your room, bed bathroom, dishes, bathroom or anything with other people.
- Follow your doctor’s recommendations completely
- Keep a track of your illness
- You may need to be admitted in a hospital if you are very ill
As we can see, Covid-19 might be the biggest event in the history of mankind which can be very harmful as in a lot of cases of these diseases have experienced deaths. So do not take this lightly and follow the precautions strictly and maintain social distancing yourself right now to keep yourself and people around you safe and secure!
How to make DIY hand Sanitizer at home: The Pandemic essential
DIY hand Sanitizer : With coronavirus knocking at our doors, the foremost precautionary step that the medical professionals and doctors are focusing on is to keep your hands clean all the time.
The best way to do that is to frequently wash your hands using a soap thoroughly in front and back and under the fingernails as well for not less than 20 seconds. Using a hand sanitizer is no substitute for washing your hands using a bar of soap. Though for people who do not have a luxury of a washbasin at work, traveling or public places the best outcome is the hand sanitizer.
As we all know, the hand sanitizers are vanishing off from the shelves from all shops due to heavy demand, it has become very difficult to maintain your hygiene. So here is an easy way out, make a batch of some for yourself and your family members to have precautions.
Note: be careful and very accurate with the measurements of your ingredients. Make sure that an effective hand sanitizer must have 60% alcohol. You can opt for isopropanol, also known as rubbing alcohol that is easily available in all pharmaceutical shops or you can go for ethanol.
How to make DIY hand Sanitizer at home
- 1/3 cup of aloe vera gel( it can be natural or store-bought as well)
- 2/3 cup of 91% of isopropyl alcohol(rubbing alcohol)
- 15 drops of lemongrass, tea tree or eucalyptus oil.
Step 1: take the alcohol and pour it in a medium-sized bowl along with a spout.
Step 2: add the aloe vera gel to it (Note: if you are planning to use the natural one then you might have to rub the final product more on the hands for it to absorb as the natural gel is thicker)
Step 3: now add the essential oil to the bowl
Step 4: once you have put all the ingredients, whisk and beat it till you see a smooth gel-forming.
Step 5: now sanitize a bottle and pour the sanitizer and you are good to go.
Note: you can sanitize your bottle by using alcohol and spraying it all over and letting it settle down until it gets evaporated.
Now that you know how to make a DIY sanitizer, you can easily make it at home as it is very effective and super easy to make. You don’t have to panic anymore or spend a ton of money when you cant find sanitizers in the market. You can now be ready to take precautions from coronavirus pandemic through the help of this easy to make hand sanitizers at home and keep yourself clean!
Coronavirus Travel Advice: Measures to Protect Yourself From Coronavirus While Travelling
Coronavirus Travel Advice: The Centre of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has also issued travel advise, cautioning people travelling to other countries or those countries which are having Corona Virus patients put on level-1 alert and appealing them to avoid non-essential travel in those countries. High-risk countries like China, South Korea, Iran, Italy have been tagged level-3, which is by far, the highest.
Coronavirus symptoms start off with simply through cold and then serve big problem like respiratory infections, pneumonia and kidney infections. Try to Avoid travelling to infection-laden areas is your best bet to protect against Coronavirus if you cannot restrict, change or avoid travelling altogether.
Here are a few preventive measures given by expert which help you to keep yourself safe while travelling.
Coronavirus Travel Advice
Wash your Hand
A basic hygiene habit is washing your hands rigorously can lessen the risk of infection spread. When you travel, you come in contact with a lot of places and things which can be a breeding house for germs. While many use a sanitizer, remember, they can only act as a backup and not replace the effectiveness of handwashing. It is recommended that you wash your hands under hot water for a minimum of 20-30 seconds to kill germs.
Use Quality food and water
When you are travelling to unknown places, you can’t be fully sure of the quality or purity of food and water. It might also happen that your stomach bacteria might not react well to the local produce. Hence, you should be particularly aware of food contamination of any kind.
Avoid contact with animals and poultry
Since coronavirus infections spread primarily through the poultry market, ensure that any food you consume while you travel is thoroughly cooked, not raw and goes through quality checks. Avoid eating any product which is left exposed for a long time. Be wary of coming in contact with live animals and poultry.
Also Read (Coronavirus Kills First Patient Outside China)
Consult with your Doc before travelling
Although there is no available vaccine available for COVID-19, getting vital flu and infection shots are a good way to lower your chances of developing or catching a common cold, flu and influenza viruses which are all linked to the spread of coronavirus infection and reduce the risk of respiratory infections as well. If you are travelling internationally, consult your healthcare professional for necessary travel advice.
No known Ebola Cases Reported Since July 2018 While Officials Celebrate Last Patient Release
On Tuesday, the World Health Organization (WHO) said, that the last patient being treated for Ebola in Congo was discharged bringing the 19-month-old outbreak closer than ever to an end. The patient’s release from a hospital in the eastern city of Beni was celebrated by the hospital staff who sang, danced and drummed on trash cans. This marks the first instance where there have been no active cases reported since the start of August 2018 when the outbreak was declared.
During that time, 2,264 people were killed and nearly 1,200 more people were infected, making this the second-worst Ebola outbreak in history after the 2013-16 epidemic in West Africa which was deadlier, killing more than 11,000.
It has been 14 days without any new confirmed cases in Congo. After 42 days have passed without a new case — equivalent to two cycles of 21 days, the maximum incubation period for the virus, the outbreak can be declared over
At a briefing on Tuesday the director-general of the WHO, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus hailed the developments as “very good news, not just for me, but for the whole world,” while the United Nations-appointed co-ordinator for response efforts said he would be stepping down to return to his previous job with the UN peacekeeping mission in Congo.
However, Tarik Jasarevic who is a spokesperson for WHO cautioned that the outbreak might not be over yet, stating difficulties in tracking cases in eastern Congo, where there is a widespread of militia violence. Even though cases have declined in the last month and Ebola was overshadowed by the rapid spread of coronavirus around the world, the WHO claimed that it continues to believe that the outbreak is an international health emergency.
This outbreak — Congo’s tenth since 1976 — came soon after another outbreak of a smaller range ended in another part of the country in 2018. Dense tropical forests of Congo are considered a natural reservoir for the disease. The patient released on Tuesday, after receiving her survivor’s certificate. Semida Masika said she was happy to be headed home.
Deadly COVID-19 Infects Iran’s, Deputy Health Minister
The deputy health minister of Iran as well as an MP both have tested positive for Covid-19 as Iran struggles t contain the outbreak that killed around 15 people in the country. The country has become a part of one of the three areas outside China where the virus has turned pandemic.
Iraj Harirchi who is the deputy minister on Monday tried to deny covering up of the scale of the outbreak. He seems uncomfortable while he spoke to the reported. As of the latest reports, Iran has 95 cases of Covid19 but it is claimed that the actual number could be higher. On Tuesday, Mahmoud Sadeghi, an MP from Tehran also said he tested positive for the virus.
According to the WHO, this sudden increase in cases in Iran is deeply concerning. On Tuesday, Mike Pompeo who is the US Secretary of State claimed that Washington was concerned as Iran might have concealed important details about the outbreak asking all countries to tell the truth about what they know.
After China, more people ended up dying in Iran from the virus than any place. The two countries have really strong trading links. Other cases people are concerned about is that of South Korea and Italy.
Worldwide more than 80,000 cases of Covid-19 were registered since the virus strain causing severe respiratory disease emerged in 2019. Out of the total, about 2,700 patients died who were majorly in China. But the situation with Iran is unique as it is home to holy sites attracting millions every year. Secondly, the health systems in the region are weak creating a potential threat of a mass outbreak in the Middle East.
The issue has further gone downhill for Iran as the country is refusing to impose quarantine in areas which are affected by the outbreak as quarantine in the government opinion is old fashioned. The Shia shrines in the cities of Qom and Mashhad are kept open even though Qom is the hotbed of the virus.
Medical equipment have also gone dry and many medical professionals are infected. It won’t be soon when there are hardly enough qualified doctors or nurses to attend the people.
Portugal Parliament Vote to Allow Euthanasia
On Thursday, 230-member Republic Assembly of Portugal parliament votes to legalise euthanasia and medically-assisted suicide for terminally sick people. This vote has made Portugal one of the few countries in the world that have permitted the procedures, however, the country’s president might try to block the legislation.
The Portugal parliament approved five such right-to-die bills each with comfortable margin while several people gathered outside parliament building protesting the measure chanting “Sim a Vida” as in their opinion Euthanasia does not end suffering it ends life.
On the other hand, things were tensed inside the parliament considering the historical weight of the situation. Each member was called in alphabetical order to state their vote on each of the five bills instead of electronic voting. Usually, such lengthy method is followed only for landmark decisions such as a declaration of war or impeachment.
After these bills were passed few lawmakers decided to take photographs of the electronic screen on the wall announcing the results using their smartphones. The bills got approved by margins between 28 and 41 votes.
Portuguese President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa who was known to be critical about euthanasia could try and veto the law but parliament can overturn the veto with a second vote for approval as the Portuguese president doesn’t have many executive powers the law could still remain but he may ask the Constitutional Court to review the legislation.
Euthanasia is a process where the doctor directly gives fatal drugs to a patient which is legal in countries like Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Switzerland. Medically assisted suicide is a process where the patients take the lethal drug under medical supervision which is permitted in few states in the USA. Similar motion is also set in the socialist-led coalition government in Spain where they plan to take all legislative steps required to legalise euthanasia.
NCW Takes Suo Moto Cognizance After Girls Stripped To Check Period Status
In Gujarat in a girls hostel located in Bhuj, 68 girls were allegedly asked to strip naked to prove their menstruation status after authorities found a sanitary pad in the garden area on campus. The took Suo moto cognizance of the incident was taken by the National Commission for Women(NCW).
This shameful activity was conducted by the principal Rita Raniga and teachers of Sahjanand Girls’ Institute which is run by Swaminarayan Temple followers. The issue arose when a soiled sanitary napkin was found in the garden outside the hostel on Monday. Suspecting one of the students who live in the hostel must have thrown out of the window the hostel authority wanted to find the culprit who violated the menstrual cycle norms of the college.
This was informed to principal Raniga who summoned all the students to the common room to give a severe lecture about the incident and about Swaminarayan sect rules asking the culprit to declare themselves. Two girls did come forward but the principal suspected foul play and checked every student one by one in the washroom in front of four female teachers and the principal herself.
In the statement of a student, it was some sheer mental torture leaving them with no words to describe it. According to another student, these women were interrupted during class and asked to reveal who was on periods after which they forced the people to go through the check-test. In the words of another student, this was routine happening.
The NCW has planned to step in with setting up an enquiry team to look into the matter. NCW has also written to the trustee and principal of Sahjanand Girls’ Institute to give an explanation for the occurrence of such a shameful incident. The chief of Delhi Commission for Women called the whole incident sick and cheap online with a link to the story. Though denied by the trustees, the college is said to mandate graduate students to stay in the hostel and if they do want to attend court hearings they should leave the hostel after signing a declaration denying anything that happened to them.
Authorities of Kutch University have been informed were a five-member team including Darshna Dholakia the vice-chancellor in charge and two other senior female professors visited the college. The students were asked to forget the incident by the college trustee Pravin Pindoria saying that the teachers might have enforced the sect rules a bit strict but the girls should follow as they were already informed of the rules.
Some of these rules involve girls with periods will stay in the basement area and not hostel rooms. They are not allowed to socialize or enter the kitchen or place of worship. They have to keep separate items including utensils and clean all of them after the period is over. What’s worse as girls on their periods are supposed to sit in the last bench of the classrooms.
The Deadly Coronavirus Finally Has An Official Name
The infamous coronavirus that has killed more than 1000 people has now an official name that is Covid-19. This was announced in the World Health Organization’s (WHO) tweet on 11th February. The name is an abbreviated version of coronavirus disease 2019.
According to WHO, they wanted a name that does not refer to any geographical location, an animal, an individual or a group of people. They also made sure it was pronounceable and related to the disease. This decision was taken based on the guidelines agreed between the WHO and the World Organisation for Animal Health and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
🚨 BREAKING 🚨
"We now have a name for the #2019nCoV disease:
I’ll spell it: C-O-V-I-D hyphen one nine – COVID-19"
— World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) February 11, 2020
WHO also said that having a name matters to prevent the use of other names that could be wrong or cause stigmatization. It further provides a standard format that could be used for any future coronavirus outbreaks.
Though the virus is referred to as novel coronavirus by the WHO, the original name of the virus is 2019-nCov. The virus has even been referred to as new coronavirus or 2019 coronavirus by the media. In most cases, the media, as well as the public, majorly called it just coronavirus.
It has not been made clear that of someone who has mild symptoms could be considered to have COVID-19 or whether the disease only refers to more severe cases. However, according to the WHO’s technical guidance, a person is infected with COVID-19 if he/she has laboratory confirmation of 2019-nCOv infection whether or not he/she shows any sort of clinical signs and symptoms.
One of the few well-known coronavirus disease outbreak cause in 2003 by another coronavirus was named SARS which was the short form of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. one more coronavirus that occasionally infects people and causes illness could be MERS which is an abbreviation of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome.
The new name has few problems too as it might not be accepted by an audio cable manufacturing company Covid which is based in Tempe Arizona. The company refused to comment on the issue.
Herbal Green Tea Health Benefits, Research
Tea is the most preferred beverage across the world besides water and coffee. Over the past many centuries, green Herbal tea is used as a traditional medicine in countries like China and India and popular even now. The exclusive genetic makeup of the green tea hailed it to be the healthiest beverage in the world.
What makes it extraordinary?
Generally, all tea like oolong tea, black tea is obtained by oxidation of the dried leaves and buds of camellia sinesis bushes. The level of oxidation determines the ability of the tea. The length of the processing time gives the tea it’s distinct taste, appearance, and quality. Green tea is extracted from the unoxidised leaves hence loaded with more antioxidants and many nutrients. The chemical constituents of green tea are flavonoids of four types and 30% is polyphenols including natural antioxidants like catechin named EGCG (EpiGallactoChinGallate). EGCG is believed to be responsible for the unique property of green tea. Catechin like antioxidants deemed to decrease the free radicals present in our body thereby protecting the molecules from damage. Hence used as herbal medicine.
Windfalls of Green Tea:
Green tea is one of those herbal medicines whose benefits are beyond the listing. Right from minor ailments like headache, cold and fever, digestion to severe chronic heart disease and certain types of cancers. The research is still going on the extraordinary potency of green tea. The listing below the benefits of consuming green tea.
Minor illnesses managed by green tea are
- Relieve the Headache.
- Controls nausea.
- Aids digestion
- Boost immunity
- Green tea is antiaging- keeps you younger
- Fights viral and bacterial infections.
- Keeps you hydrated.
- Resist cold and flu.
- Avoids depression and anxiety.
- Removes dental plaque.
- Prevents acne outbursts.
- Improves the quality of sleep.
Apart from these ailments, green Herbal tea is supposed to have a significant role in the management of chronic and dreadful diseases. Enumerating them below
- Safeguard against Cardiovascular diseases: The EGCG present in the green tea lowers the LDL and triglycerides thereby protecting against atherosclerosis i.e. plaque formation in the arteries, most common cause of the cardiovascular diseases like stroke and cardiac failure.
- Defense against Degenerative brain disorders: a study in mice shows that green tea protects brain cells from dying and restores damaged cells hence works by delaying the worsening of Alzheimer and Parkinson disease.
- Say no to the pain of Arthritis: Polyphenols found in green herbal tea reduces inflammation and slow down the damage of cartilage by blocking the molecule responsible for joint injury in people with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Warrior of Cancers: antioxidants found in green tea like EGCG plays a vital role in the treatment and management of certain cancers. It decreases the levels of insulin-like growth factors-1 (IGF-1) and increases the binding proteins thus reducing the risk of developing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancer. Furthermore, EGCG curtails the expression of compounds involved in the metastasis of cancer. As per the study in cancer research, March 2005, EGCG inhibits an enzyme dihydrofolate reductase which is a target of most of anti-cancer drugs and acts by inhibiting the fundamental cancer survival proteins thus preventing the growth of the cancerous cell.
- Manage Diabetes mellitus: green herbal tea enhances insulin sensitivity and balances blood glucose levels especially prevent the spike in fasting blood sugar.
- Master controller of Cholesterol and weight: green tea decreases the level of low-density lipids (LDL, bad cholesterol) and triglycerides. And also increases the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol by facilitating the fat oxidation and defends from many diseases. Since the fat level decreases it’s an ally for weight loss.
- Green tea for a healthy heart: green tea prevents blood clot formation inside the blood vessels and staves off multiple sclerosis which is a leading cause of several heart diseases.
- Protects from Flu: green herbal tea is considered to protect yourself against viral infections caused by herpes simplex, HIV-1, Epstein Barr etc. L-theanine of green tea activates human gamma-delta T-lymphocytes to proliferate and produce interferon-gamma (If-G); a potent antimicrobial cytokine that acts as the first line of defense against blood-borne infections. Likewise, Polyphenols block the hemagglutinin enzyme by inhibiting the ability to infect the other cells and also alters the composition of the viral cell membrane by suppressing viral RNA synthesis.
- Regulate blood pressure: green herbal tea produces a relaxing effect on the blood vessels causing vasodilation and keeps check on the elevation of blood pressure. Signa for green tea consumption: how much and when?
Though you can enjoy herbal green herbal tea anytime but is believed to have a great impact on our metabolism when taken in the morning or early afternoon. It’s even beneficial to drink before getting to bed if you are suffering from any sleep disorders. However, anything in excess can flip it merits and can harm us. So, drinking up to 6 cups is ideal to reap it’s health benefits exceeding the maximum of 10cups I.e. around 2.3 liters.
Green tea contraindications- time for the alert:
- Caffeine sensitive people: As green tea contains little amount of caffeine, it may elicit anaphylactic reactions or may cause anxiety, insomnia, irritability and upset stomach in people, who are sensitive to caffeine.
- Green tea interacts with certain drugs: Patients taking CNS stimulants like modafinil and amphetamine consumes green tea, it may cause rapid heartbeat and high blood pressure.
- It also lowers the levels of antihypertensive drugs like nadolol, thereby interfering with its activity.
- Pregnant women need to be careful: It may reduce the bioavailability of folic acid in pregnant women which sometimes may cause miscarriages.
Green tea is more popular now a day and is available in various forms in the right from tea bags to supplement capsules. Selection of organic green herbal tea devoid of any insecticide or pesticide usage is essential to reap the multitude of benefits of green herbal tea. If you have any medical condition or taking any medicines, it is recommended to talk to your health professional before adding green tea in your diet.
US based SpaceX launched off rocket ship with two astronauts after nearly a decade
FTII Pune Announces Online Film Appreciation Course, Course Director would be 5 National Awards winner Arunaraje Patil
COVID-19 WORLD UPDATE: The toll have reached 61.54 lakhs in the world
Lockdown 5.0: MP extends lockdown 4.0 till June 15
Lockdown5 / UNLOCK 1.0 : Containment zones will have a lockdown till 30 June; the country will be unlocked in 3 phases
“Muskurayega India”, presented by Jjust Music and Cape of Good Films appreciating our Nation for staying together and unite featuring Bollywood celebrities
Latest Bhojpuri chaita song 2020- ‘Bhatar Sala Sautin Ke Gehu Katata’ by Khesari Lal Yadav
‘Genda Phool’: Badshah’s new song featuring Jacqueline Fernandez and Payal Dev
Yash starer K.G.F Chapter-2: release date and all you need to know
RRR: Alia Bhatt shares motion poster of S.S Rajamouli’s upcoming movie
- News3 days ago
George Flyod, 46-year-old man died due to police brutality
- Asia News1 week ago
Plane crash updates: PIA flight got crashed a few kilometres from the airport
- Headlines6 days ago
Happy Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Eid Mubarak Images, Wishes, Shayaris, Quotes And Messages
- Education5 days ago
Kerala PSC 2020 recruitment notice out: Check here to apply!