Connect with us

Headlines

Who is Justice Muralidhar? Why he has been transferred?

Published

on

Share

On 26 Feb Wednesday morning, a bench of Justice Muralidhar and Justice Talwant Singh heard the petition of social activist Harsh Mander on Delhi Riots. During this time, the police were reprimanded for not taking action against the leaders who gave statements and provocative statements in Delhi. It was said that to stop the violence, strict steps need to be taken immediately. We will not allow a situation like 1984 to happen in Delhi. Therefore, those who are leaders with Z Security should go among the people. Explain to them, so that they can have confidence in them. During the hearing, Justice Muralidhar had ordered the Delhi Police Commissioner to watch all the videos of inflammatory speeches. He also played a viral video of BJP leader Kapil Mishra in the court.

Now he has been transferred to Punjab and Haryana High Court. He was third in the seniority order of judges in the High Court. The Law Ministry issued a notification for his transfer late on Wednesday night. It said that President Ramnath Kovind took this decision after consultations with Chief Justice of India SA Bobde.

Earlier on February 12, the Supreme Court Collegium recommended the transfer of three judges including Justice Muralidhar. However, two other judges were not transferred. The Delhi High Court Bar Association last week demanded a reconsideration of the transfer from the collegium.

On this, Congress criticized the government but the government bided that everything is done as per rules. The Congress has questioned the Modi government’s intention to transfer the High Court judge overnight. Rahul Gandhi tweeted – Remember the brave judge Loya, who was not transferred. At the same time, Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad defended the decision of the government and said that everything has been done according to the procedure.

Who is Justice Muralidhar?

Justice Muralidhar started advocacy in the Supreme Court and the Delhi High Court in 1987. He has been known for fighting cases without fees, including the Bhopal gas tragedy and the Narmada dam victims. Later he was counsel for the National Human Rights Commission and the Election Commission of India and a part-time member of the Law Commission from December 2002. Delhi University awarded him a Ph.D. in 2003. In 2006, he was appointed a judge in the Delhi High Court. Justice Muralidhar is known for his stern remarks about communal violence and personal liberty. He sentenced the PAC jawans convicted in the Hashimpura massacre of Uttar Pradesh. In addition, in the 1984 riot case, Congress leader Sajjan Singh was convicted. In 2009, He has been involved in the bench which gave the verdict on discrimination against homosexuals.

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Headlines

President, MPs and PM 30% pay cut for 1 year to amid Coronavirus

Published

on

President, MPs and PM 30% pay cut for 1 year to amid Coronavirus
Share

On Monday The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi cleared an ordinance to cut salaries of parliamentarians and ministers by 30 percent for one year in the wake of the coronavirus crisis.

The Cabinet also said “to suspend the MP local area development scheme for two years and transfer the money into the government’s consolidated fund. The money under MPLADS is around Rs 7,900 crore for two years: 2020-21 and 2021-22”.

Union information and broadcasting minister Prakash Javadekar told to media that “President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and governors had also offered to take the 30 percent cut in salaries. The Cabinet has approved the ordinance amending the salary, allowances and pension of Members of Parliament Act, 1954, reducing their salary, allowances and pension by 30 per cent. This will be effective from April 1 for a year”.

“The decision came hours after PM Modi told BJP workers to prepare for a long haul. The country and its people can’t afford to get tired or rest in this long war” he said.

 

Javadekar told media “This is a landmark decision that sends the right signals.

More than the money, the importance of the gesture was to send the right message. The minister explained that an ordinance was required since the salaries of MPs and other dignitaries were determined by law. Charity begins at home.

 

The various state governments had already decided on salary cuts and other measures in the fight against coronavirus.

 

On Wednesday Kerala government also decided to cut a month’s salary of all its staffers to raise funds for the state disaster relief fund. Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa has given up a year’s salary to help the state fight the Covid-19 crisis.

 

Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Rajasthan also announced a cut in salaries of its government employees depending on their ranks.

 

 

Continue Reading

Bollywood

 Uddhav Thackeray thanks Shah Rukh khan for contributing to Covid-19 relief fund.

Published

on

Shahrukh Khan Net Worth
Share

Maharashtra CM said thanks to Bollywood Superstar Shah Rukh Khan for his generous donations to the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM-Cares) fund and Maharashtra chief minister’s relief fund, among others, to accelerate the efforts to combat the coronavirus pandemic. In Reply Shah Rukh said that he should not be thanked for making this contribution.

Shah Rukh replied to Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray, who thanked him and his wife Gauri Khan on Twitter, “We are all a family sir…and we need to be together to keep each other healthy. Thank you. He also wrote in Marathi that everyone is together in this battle and if all chipped in their own little way, an ocean of help will be formed”.

 

Maharashtra environment and tourism minister Aaditya Thackeray also thanked Shah Rukh for donating towards coronavirus relief. For that he replied “We don’t ever have to thank each other during times like these. We r a family. Grateful you are working so hard for Maharashtra and whenever you get alone time…do write a poem or two. Love to you,” .

Roti Bank Foundation, which is feeding the underprivileged and daily wage workers in partnership with Shah Rukh’s non-profit organisation Meer Foundation, also thanked him. “You are all doing a great service. We at @MeerFoundation are glad we could be of assistance,” was the actor’s response.

On Thursday, Shah Rukh announced that his companies – Kolkata Knight Riders, Red Chillies Entertainment, Meer Foundation and Red Chillies VFX – were contributing to a number of relief funds to help those affected by the coronavirus pandemic.

He said in a statement “At a time when the human race is facing an immense crisis, there can only be one true response: the expression of humanity itself. This is a moment for all of us to come together in a collective effort to make each other kinder, stronger and braver to face the days ahead. This crisis is not going to pass in a hurry, it will take its time and its toll on all of us. It will also show us that there isn’t really a choice between looking out for ourselves and looking out for one another. There’s nothing more obvious in the spread of this pandemic, than the fact that each one of us is inextricably connected to each other, without any distinction. So, while we do whatever we can to support each other in our own small ways, the compassion we show to those who are likely to face the most brutal brunt of both, the pandemic and its economic consequences, will define us as a generation and as a nation”.

 

 

Continue Reading

Headlines

Biggest rise in cases 40% cases linked to Nizamuddin

Published

on

Biggest rise in cases 40% cases linked to Nizamuddin
Share

India today braced for the health impact of a steep rise in new Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours. Of the 386 fresh cases reported across the country since Tuesday, 154 (40 per cent) had attended the religious congregation that the Muslim missionary group, Tablighi Jamaat, had organised at Nizamuddin here.

 

The Ministry of Health said “the cases had risen from 1,251 at 4 pm on Tuesday to 1,637 at 4 pm today . This was the highest one-day rise in the tally in a 24-hour bracket since the reporting of the first case on January 30”.

 

Of the 154 confirmed cases involving Nizamuddin event attendees, the highest – 65 are from Tamil Nadu followed by 23 from Jammu and Kashmir, 20 from Telangana, 18 from Delhi, 17 from Andhra Pradesh, nine from Andaman and Nicobar Islands and two from Puducherry.

 

Experts said that “they were monitoring if the Nizamuddin cluster had the potential to impact India’s disease curve that was stable until Sunday at around 1,000 cases before the cases spiked on Tuesday”.

 

All states that have reported cases related to the Tablighi event have been notified to undertake intensive drives to trace the contacts of patients, test them, quarantine or isolate them depending on their health risk profile. Additional sample testing is going on in other states. The one-day increase of 386 does not represent a national trend. We all know failure anywhere will lead to such a rise in cases.

 

The government appeals to all to avoid religious gatherings and follow directions on social distancing,” Lav Agarwal, spokesperson, Health Ministry, said”Maharashtra, HP, UP and Assam are testing samples from people with Nizamuddin travel history”.

 

The Centre didn’t rule out further rise in the cases due to the Nizamuddin cluster that has left worried surveillance teams. However, the government didn’t comment on whether the country risked entering the community transmission stage due to the cluster.

 

Meanwhile, the police today evacuated all 2,361 residents at Tablighi Jamaat headquarters here. Of these, 1,800 were quarantined at nine facilities and 617 taken to hospitals for testing.

 

In a video conference with state chief secretaries and DGPs, Cabinet Secretary Rajeev Gauba asked them to monitor any potential ramifications of the new disease clusters and urged them to ensure migrant welfare at relief camps.

 

 

Continue Reading

Headlines

250 Indians stuck in Iran test positive

Published

on

250 Indians stuck in Iran test positive
Share

On Wednesday The Centre told to the Supreme Court that “Around 250 of the 850 Indian Shia pilgrims in Iran have tested positive for Covid-19 and they were receiving medical treatment there”.

 

During a hearing conducted via video-conferencing, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta told a Bench headed by Justice DY Chandrachud that the remaining pilgrims had already been flown back to India from Qom, Iran.

 

The Bench said “the Indian embassy in Iran should constantly monitor the situation to look into the possibility of bringing them back as and when possible”.

 

While hearing a petition filed by Mustafa MH, a resident of Drass in Kargil, Ladakh, on the issue, the court noted that the government was taking the matter seriously even as senior advocate Sanjay Hegde, representing the petitioner, insisted that the 250 Covid positive Indians could not be left at the mercy of the Iranian authorities.

 

Tushar Mehta said “all International flights had been cancelled and authorities were waiting for a decision of the Ministry of External Affairs”.

 

He said “Our embassy at Iran is in touch with the 250 people stranded there. They will be brought back, whenever there is a possibility,”. He also pointed out that many people earlier flown back and sent to Leh had developed Covid symptoms.

 

Noting that the matter should be left to the government now, the Bench said the” petitioner could raise the issue again, if needed”. The Bench, however, didn’t pass any directions regarding the stranded Indians at this juncture.

 

Reply sought on safety gear for health staff The SC has asked “the Centre to respond to a PIL, which has sought from the authorities to ensure availability of WHO-approved appropriate personal protective equipment for doctors, nurses, ward boys and other medical and paramedical professionals. Without issuing a formal notice, a Bench asked the Centre to respond to the petition filed by a Nagpur-based doctor”.

 

 

Continue Reading

Education

DU Entrance Exam: DUET 2020 Application Form Delayed

Published

on

Share

DU Entrance Exam 2020: The application forms of Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) 2020 was about to release on April 2, 2020, but has been delayed due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak in the country. No official notice has been released so far but is expected to release today. In this regard, NTA has already extended application date for several entrance examinations namely JEE Main, JEE Advanced and NEET UG.

The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts DUET 2020 examinations in order to offer students admission in various undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD, MPhil, diploma and certificate courses which are offered by the Delhi University (DU). DUET was held in 2019 for admission to the following undergraduate courses:

  • B.A. (Honours) Business Economics
  • Bachelor of Management Studies
  • Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism
  • Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
  • B.Tech. (IT and Mathematical Innovations)
  • Bachelor of Science in Health Education, Physical Education, & Sports
  • B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
  • Bachelor of Elementary Education
  • B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication

For undergraduate (UG) courses, the DU entrance test is based on multiple-choice questions with negative marking. The exam duration will be of 2 hours and has total 100 questions carrying 4 marks each and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. The entrance test will be of practical nature for admission to Music courses.

For postgraduate (PG) courses, the DUET 2020 structure is different for different courses. The syllabus for the entrance examination will be the same as the Delhi University syllabus for corresponding undergraduate course.

DUET 2020 Exam Dates

The important dates for the DU entrance examination 2020 have been given below:

Application Forms Release DateApril 2, 2020,  Delayed
Last date to apply for DUET 2020April 30, 2020 (likely to be delayed)
DUET Admit Card Issue Date(Hall Ticket)May 15, 2020
DUET 2020 ExamJune 2, 2020, to June 9, 2020
Result DeclarationJune 25, 2020
Official websitehttp://www.du.ac.in/du/

 

DUET 2020 application forms are available online at the official website nta.ac.in, du.ac.in, duet.nta.nic.in. Last year the application fee for UR, OBC was INR 750, and for SC, PWD, ST, EWS was INR 300. DUET 2020 is the computer-based examination.

Here’s is the last notification released by University of Delhi

Source: DU Website

In India, as of now dated April 3, 2020 (IST 10:45 am), there are 2,301 confirmed cases together with 56 deaths.

Continue Reading

Trending