WhatsApp the instant messaging platform has finally launched a highly awaited dark mode for android beta users. The most leaked dark mode feature has started coming to beta users on Android. It is important to note that the WhatsApp dark mode is technically called as ‘Dark’ in the theme selection interface. The new dark mode on WhatsApp imparts a dark green profile on the messaging app with contrasting shades. With the new model, the home screen and setting menu on the messaging app now show dark shade whereas the conversation interface exhibits dark shade for the chat bubbles; the wallpaper remains white or any other colour selected by the user.
Notably, the dark mode on WhatsApp is available only for the beta testers on Android. As of now, there is no official word from the company when the new feature will be launched to all the users via a stable channel.
The Dark mode for Android beta users is available on the version – v2.20.13. So, this feature will be available only when you have installed WhatsApp Messenger Beta version on your smartphone. If you hadn’t received the update yet or unable to join Google Play beta program, then you can side-load the messenger app via installing APK file from APKMirror
Here’s how user can register to become beta to enable WhatsApp dark mode.
- Install the beta version of WhatsApp via Google Play Store.
- After installing the beta version of WhatsApp, the user needs to follow some steps.
- Users should install the latest version of the WhatsApp beta version on your smartphone.
- After installing, you need to open the app and tap on the three-dot menu icon given at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, the user needs to select the ‘Settings’ option from the menu.
- After selecting the ‘Settings’ option, you need to tap on ‘Chats’ followed by ‘Theme’.
- Now, a new window will open wherein the user needs to select the desired theme.
- The user gets three options on the screen. Tapping on ‘Dark’ in the window will enable the dark mode interface on WhatsApp.
- The user can also select a default option to automatically switch between dark and light mode based on the system settings.
It is important to note that if the users don’t see dark mode immediately after installing the update, then you need to delete and reinstall the application from Google Play or third-party.