Online Education 2020: PM eVidya programme has been launched by the government to give importance to online education in the country and make e-learning feasible for students and teachers. FM Nirmala Sitharaman has added this programme as a special package under the 20 lakh stimulus package, focusing on the technology to aid learning. Students, teachers and learners will get multi-mode access to various courses by May 30, 2020.
PM eVidya Programme: All you need to know
- The programme is a technology-driven initiative in terms of education to make learning feasible and accessible by all.
- Muti-mode access to online education will be launched
- For school education, DIKSHA will be available for teachers and students that will provide e-content and QR coded Energized Textbooks for all grades (One Nation-One Digital Platform)
- A special TV channel will be launched for classes 1 to 12 (One Class, One Channel)
- Keeping in mind for visually and hearing impaired, special e-content will be added.
- Top 100 universities will start online courses by May 30, 2020. This will include institutions like Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and other institutes of national importance.
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) May 17, 2020
Other Programmes for Online Education
1. Manordarpan, an initiative for psychological support and counselling of teachers, students, and families for mental health and emotional well-being which will be launched immediately.
2. New National Curriculum & Pedagogical framework for school, teachers and early childhood which is integrated with global and 21st-century skill requirements.
3. National Foundational Literacy & Numeracy Mission will be for launch in India by December 2020 that will ensure that every child attains learning levels in grade 5 by 2025.
Provisions have been undertaken to telecast live interactive sessions through Skype. Doordarshan’s broadcast learning channel – Swayam Prabha has effectively contributed in making education feasible in India during these difficult times. To increase the reach of Swayam Prabha, tie-ups have been made with private DTH providers.
Government has ensured Education of students does not suffer; SWAYAM PRABHA DTH channels have reached those who do not have access to the internet; DIKSHA platform has had 61 crore hits from 24th March#AatmaNirbharApnaBharat pic.twitter.com/NYoVtK59Oe
— PIB India (@PIB_India) May 17, 2020
Initiatives For Online Education in India
Swayam Prabha is a group of 32 DTH channels which teaches arts, science, commerce, social sciences performing arts and humanities subjects, engineering, medicine, technology and agriculture. It also helps students to clear doubts by calling on a dedicated helpline. ePathshala portal, another educational platform where 200 e-textbooks were added.
The study app Diksha has had 6 crore hits from March 24 till date. DIKSHA has content in 14 languages – Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Urdu, Kannada, Gujarati, Malayalam, Marathi, Sindhi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Chhattisgarhi.
There will be extensive use of community radio among students for learning purposes. This included the use of 289 Community Radio Stations which will be attempted for school education.
A podcast called Shiksha Vani of CBSE provides audio content for students on various subjects of class 9 to 12, in a timely, educative, and seamless manner. The app is available on Play Store for Android phone users with approximately 400 pieces of content in the form of audio files on the NCERT curriculum.
Digitally Accessible Information System (DAISY) is a special e-content platform for visually and hearing-impaired children.
For more Education News, Click here