Samsung launched the Galaxy A8 2018 smartphone at the starting of the last year. It comes with 5.6-inch Super AMOLED display panel that supports 1080 x 2220 pixels of resolution and offers 18.5:9 aspect ratio. The screen of the phone protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4 and it also comes with Always-on display feature. The Galaxy A8 2018 model powered by Octa-Core Exynos 7885 (14 nm) processor under the hood. It has 4 Gb of RAM and 32 Gb and 64 GB internal storage.
Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 model featured with a single 16-megapixel camera on the back side along with LED flash. On the front side, the phone comes with dual camera sensors for a selfie and video call, 16-megapixel main and 8-megapixel secondary camera. The phone packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery along with Fast battery charging 18W feature. It is available in Black, orchid grey, gold, blue color options. The Galaxy A8 has a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
The Galaxy A8 2018 model came with Android 7.1.1 Nougat Operating system out of the box. But the company released Android 8.0 Oreo operating system update for the phone. Samsung is not pretty good to release the Android OS updates for their phone. But Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A530 model number may or may not get the Android Pie update from the company. If you don’t want to wait for the official updates and want to install and experience the latest Android OS, then there is a way to experience the latest Android interface by installing custom ROM.
Here in this article, we will guide you how to download and install Android Pie on Galaxy A8 SM-A530. The Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy A8 2019 is based on AOSP ROM. The Android Pie Aosp ROM for Galaxy A8 is also with GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI means Generic System image. If you are the user of Galaxy A8 2018 SM-A530 then this is the good news for you. You can now download and install Android Pie ASOP ROM with GSI on Galaxy A8 2018 model.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson
Android 9.0 Pie features:-
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy A8 SM-A530 model number. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery.
How to install Android Pie on Galaxy A8 SM-A530 (2018) based on ASOP
- Download all the files from links on your PC/Laptop as mentioned in the download section
- Now extract the AOSP Android Pie GSI file and transfer both Android Pie system.img image and Gapps into internal storage of the phone.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Now Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the system.img zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Galaxy A8 2018 based on AOSP. If you are facing any problem while installing Android 9 Pie ROM on your device, please let us know in the comment section.