This game checks how many words you know? It includes puzzles that are challenging and will measure how vast your vocabulary is, how you combine different options, and if you can search to solve the jigsaw. Guess the word game will combine the required skills that you need to solve every riddle. You will need to be an expert of the vocabulary to go to the next level. Play this word game to make sure that new vocabulary words “stick” in the mind of your youngster.
Increase the fun by playing the game with your friends. Gather players to team up with 4 players to find all the words and compete with your friends on every board. Hence, this is a multiplayer game that allows you to play an exciting guess the word game with your friends.
How To Play Guess the Word Game?
- Gather an even number of players from four to ten and sit around in a circle.
- Players take turns one by one as the “giver”, who attempts to make his or her teammates guess as many keywords as possible in the prescribed time.
- However, each card also contains a “taboo” (forbidden) word listed which should not be spoken.
- The giver can only use speech to make his or her teammates; gestures, sounds (e.g. barking), or drawings are not prohibited in this game. Singing is allowed, provided the singer can sing the words rather than humming or whistling a tune.
- The giver’s hints may rhyme with a taboo word, or can be an abbreviation of the forbidden word.
- While the giver is making the teammates guess, the players can make as many guesses as they want and there are no penalties for wrong guesses.
- Once the team correctly guesses the word written on the card, the giver gets to the next word, trying to get as many words as possible in the given time.
- If the time runs out, the round passes to the next adjacent player of the other team. The playing team gets one point for correct guesses and one penalty point if “taboo” words are spoken.
The game is fun to play. It is also considered a brain exercising game. Players should try this game with a group of more than 4 people to make it more exciting. It checks your ability to guess the words and enhances your vocabulary.