Connect with us

Bollywood

Internet trolls Priyanka Chopra for her Grammys outfit. Hina Khan backs her!!! #Girlsforgirls.

Published

on

Share

Just after the 62nd edition of the Grammys got over, people have been trolling and slamming Priyanka Chopra Jonas for her dress she chose to wear that day. Well, the dress was indeed very brave to carry on. Our Desi girl avoided any kind of malfunction, very confidently.

The Grammy awards took place in the US on Sunday (January 27 in India). Priyanka wore a customised Ralph & Russo design, which showed off a deep plunging neckline, which was slit open beyond her naval. The white dress was embellished with diamond-adorned pieces, had fringe sleeves and intricate embroidery. Priyanka was seen hand in hand with husband Nick Jonas at the Grammy Awards 2020. She had also been seen sitting with her fellow J-Sisters Sophie Turner and Danielle Jonas while Nick performed with his fellow brothers Kevin and Joe.

Many trolled her for wearing the dress at the awards show that night, on the other hand some admired the confidence she carried. The dress was a risky one, and a dress malfunction would have occured anytime soon.

Madhu Chopra,  Priyanka’s mother said, “They don’t have joy in their life which is why they think they get attention by saying bad things. I don’t give them attention.”

Indian television actress and former Bigg Boss contestant, Hina Khan, who is all set to step in to bollywood, opened up and slammed the trolls and memes in an interview. Priyanka and Hina had earlier met during the Cannes festival, when Hina Khan represented India. They also shared few pictures from the afterparty. They had walked the red carpet together.

Hina said, “Who are you to comment on somebody’s clothes if they are comfortable? I have been telling people that I challenge you to wear that outfit for ten minutes. Its not easy to wear such an outfit. Its not an easy breezy, flowy, covered outfit that you can just pose and do stuff in. It is a tricky outfit. You got to have elegance, grace and courage to wear such an outfit.”

Priyanka Chopra Jonas had earlier posted a heartfelt comment with a hashtag #girlsforgirls on the picture that Hina Khan shared on her Instagram account.

Hindustan Times

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Bollywood

Katrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor, Tiger Shroff shared a video message for the launch of Disney+ Hotstar

Published

on

katrina-Disney+ Hotstar
Share

Bollywood actors such as Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Parineeti Chopra, Tiger Shroff and Sonam Kapoor have shared videos announcing the launch of Disney+ in India. The streaming service will be launched in a package with Hotstar, which has been rebranded Disney+ Hotstar, on April 3.

Each actor in their video message said a “version of the same thing, that they hope everyone is staying home during the lockdown, and that there’s entertainment along the way for those looking for new content to watch”. While Katrina said “that she’s looking forward to The Lion King”, Sonam said that “she has been a ‘Disney kid’ for as long as she can remember”. Tiger also tweet that “he is excited to watch The Mandalorian on the service”.

In its official statement, Uday Shankar, president, The Walt Disney Company APAC and Chairman, Star & Disney India,said, “We hope the power of Disney’s storytelling, delivered through Hotstar’s technology, will help our viewers find moments of comfort, happiness and inspiration during these difficult times.”

Under the new partnership, Indian viewers will be able to watch films such as The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor Ragnarok, The Lion King, Frozen II, Aladdin and Toy Story 4.

Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription plan is priced at Rs 399 per year. The Disney+ Hotstar Premium subscription is priced at Rs 1,499 per year.

During the lockdown, several actors have been sharing updates from their daily routines, which in Katrina’s case includes cleaning her house and washing dishes. Tiger, meanwhile, has shared workout videos.

Continue Reading

Bollywood

 Uddhav Thackeray thanks Shah Rukh khan for contributing to Covid-19 relief fund.

Published

on

Shahrukh Khan Net Worth
Share

Maharashtra CM said thanks to Bollywood Superstar Shah Rukh Khan for his generous donations to the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM-Cares) fund and Maharashtra chief minister’s relief fund, among others, to accelerate the efforts to combat the coronavirus pandemic. In Reply Shah Rukh said that he should not be thanked for making this contribution.

Shah Rukh replied to Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray, who thanked him and his wife Gauri Khan on Twitter, “We are all a family sir…and we need to be together to keep each other healthy. Thank you. He also wrote in Marathi that everyone is together in this battle and if all chipped in their own little way, an ocean of help will be formed”.

 

Maharashtra environment and tourism minister Aaditya Thackeray also thanked Shah Rukh for donating towards coronavirus relief. For that he replied “We don’t ever have to thank each other during times like these. We r a family. Grateful you are working so hard for Maharashtra and whenever you get alone time…do write a poem or two. Love to you,” .

Roti Bank Foundation, which is feeding the underprivileged and daily wage workers in partnership with Shah Rukh’s non-profit organisation Meer Foundation, also thanked him. “You are all doing a great service. We at @MeerFoundation are glad we could be of assistance,” was the actor’s response.

On Thursday, Shah Rukh announced that his companies – Kolkata Knight Riders, Red Chillies Entertainment, Meer Foundation and Red Chillies VFX – were contributing to a number of relief funds to help those affected by the coronavirus pandemic.

He said in a statement “At a time when the human race is facing an immense crisis, there can only be one true response: the expression of humanity itself. This is a moment for all of us to come together in a collective effort to make each other kinder, stronger and braver to face the days ahead. This crisis is not going to pass in a hurry, it will take its time and its toll on all of us. It will also show us that there isn’t really a choice between looking out for ourselves and looking out for one another. There’s nothing more obvious in the spread of this pandemic, than the fact that each one of us is inextricably connected to each other, without any distinction. So, while we do whatever we can to support each other in our own small ways, the compassion we show to those who are likely to face the most brutal brunt of both, the pandemic and its economic consequences, will define us as a generation and as a nation”.

 

 

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Coronavirus: Salman Khan provide financial support to 25,000 daily wage workers

Published

on

Coronavirus: Salman Khan provide financial support to 25,000 daily wage workers.
Share

Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has  financially support 25,000 daily wage workers from the film industry in the wake of the national lockdown. According to Federation of Western Indian Cine Employees (FWICE)” The country is witnessing a 21-day lockdown, as announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to contain the spread of the virus. The daily wage workers across different avenues are badly hit by the lockdown”.

FWICE president B N Tiwari, said “Salman’s Being Human Foundation has come forward to help daily wage workers. They called us three days ago. We have about 5 lakh workers out of which 25,000 are in dire need of financial help. Being Human Foundation said they will take care of these workers on their own. They have asked for account details of these 25,000 workers as they want to ensure that money reaches them directly,”.

He further added “The remaining 4,75,000 workers can survive for about a month. We already have huge ration packets for all the workers but unfortunately due to lockdown they are not able to come here to collect it. We are thinking of ways how to reach out to them,” .

Tiwari said” FWICE has reached out to several actors and filmmakers to make a contribution.We have written letters and also sent messages to various people in the film industry to come forward and help the workers but we haven’t received any response from them. Producer Mahaveer Jain has offered to provide help in terms of food and essential items,”.

Earlier in the week, filmmakers and actors, including Karan Johar, Taapsee Pannu, Ayushmann Khurrana, Kiara Advani, Rakul Preet Singh, Sidharth Malhotra, and Nitesh Tiwari pledged their support to a new initiative aimed at supporting the daily wage earners.

 

The initiative, I Stand With Humanity, started by organisations — the International Association for Human Values, the Art of Living Foundation and the Indian Film and TV Industry, will provide families of daily wage workers with 10 days of essential food supplies.

 

According to the Health Ministry, the total number of COVID-19 cases rose to 979 on Sunday, with death toll climbing to 25.

 

 

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Kanika Kapoor has tested positive for coronavirus for the fourth time

Published

on

Kanika Kapoor has tested positive for coronavirus for the fourth time.
Share

Bollywood singer Kanika Kapoor has tested positive for coronavirus for the fourth consecutive time, causing considerable concern to her family.

Kanika, who was hospitalised on March 20 after she tested positive for coronavirus, had returned from London on March 9 and then travelled to Kanpur and Lucknow and during her stay she developed cough and fever.

After she tested positive, she was slammed by the media for attending parties and spreading the virus though none of those who came into contact with her tested positive.Kanika, who is presently admitted to the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), was also criticized by the hospital administration for her ‘starry behaviour’. There were reports that her third sample was not investigated due to some technical reasons.

 

Earlier, Kanika was booked on charges of negligence for attending various social events. She has been booked under Sections 188, 269, and 270 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) at Sarojini Nagar police station in the city. The FIR was lodged based on a complaint filed by the chief medical officer (CMO) of Lucknow.

 

Kanika, who is presently admitted to the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), was also criticized by the hospital administration for her ‘starry behaviour’.

 

Meanwhile, one of her family member who did not wish to be named, said, “We are now worried over the test reports. It seems that Kanika is not responding to treatment and in this lockdown, we cannot even airlift her for advanced treatment. We can only pray for her recovery.” Doctors at the SGPGIMS, however, said that “the singer’s condition was stable”.

According to Media, one of her family members said that” they are worried as it seems that Kanika is not responding to the treatment”.

 

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Akshay Kumar donated Rs 25 cr to PM’s relief fund. Bollywood lauded him.

Published

on

Akshay Kumar donated Rs 25 cr to PM's relief fund. Bollywood lauded him.
Share

On Saturday, PM Modi had announced PM-CARES Fund. He urged ‘people from all walks of life’ to express their desire to donate to India’s war against COVID-19.Respecting that spirit, the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund was constituted, which is expected to go a long way in creating a healthier India. During these difficult times that the country is going through right now, a lot of celebrities have come forward and made donations to the government to help the nation survive through this crisis. Whereas one of the biggest gestures by a B-town celebrity, Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar on Saturday has donate Rs 25 crore in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.

 

Akshay Shared this news on Twitter, he said “that he will contribute the donation amount to PM Narendra Modi’s relief fund from his savings. This is that time when all that matters is the lives of our people,”.

After this sweet gesture many B-town celebs applaud him. Akshay’s wife, Author and columnist Twinkle Khanna lauded her husband’s gesture, and said that “The man makes me proud. When I asked him if he was sure as it was such a massive amount and we needed to liquidate funds, he just said, ‘ I had nothing when I started and now that I am in this position, how can I hold back from doing whatever I can for those who have nothing.”

Calling Akshay a true hero, actor R. Madhavan took to twitter to appreciate Akshay’s gesture. He wrote, “Fantastic Sirji.. you are a True hero and such an Icon for all of us.. Hats off and Huge huge admiration and Respect.”,

Bollywood celebrities like Kriti Sanon and Amaal Mallik also applauded the actor for his kind gesture.

The 52-year-old ‘Kesari’ star has been repeatedly urging citizens to co-operate with the government during the 21-day nationwide lockdown.

Continue Reading

Trending