Several Indian women have a major contribution to putting our country on the global map. Name the field and you will find our women shining in those fields. Keeping this in mind, Femina declares a list of powerful women every year who have made a significant impact in a particular field. For 2019, here is a complete list of those women from the entertainment sector who made it to the list.
- Highest paid actress in the country
- Featured as India’s most popular personalities and World’s most influential people
- Did legendary films like Bajirao Mastani, Padmavvat and Goliyon ki Raasleela Ram-Leela.
- Vocal about issues like feminism, mental health, depression.
- Founder of Live love laugh foundation. It works to create awareness about mental health.
- Debuted with the directorial Luck By Chance (2009)
- Oscars Academy invited Zoya as one of the members in the director’s category.
- Delivered powerful movie ‘Gully Boy’ in 2019. It won many awards and praises.
- Made debut with Karan Johar’s Student Of The Year in 2012.
- Played several roles from bubbly girl to the toughest woman.
- Launched her own Youtube channel.
- Her upcoming film is Brahmastra which also stars Amitabh Bachchan and Ranbir Kapoor.
- Received several awards including Filmfare, IIFA and Music Mirchi Award for outstanding performance in her 2019 film, Gully Boy.
- Miss World at the age of 18
- Done 50 films till the date.
- Worldwide famous with the significant presence in Bollywood as well as Hollywood.
- Estimated net worth is $20 million.
- Owns a production company called Purple Pebble Pictures
- An investor in dating app Bumble
- UNICEF goodwill ambassador and UN foundation girl up champion
- Currently working on a web series, If I Could Tell You Just One Thing, and writing her memoir, Unfinished.
- An outstanding, fearless and renowned singer
- A most outspoken voice in #Metoo movement
- Her documentary Shut UpSona released at the Jio MAMI 21st Mumbai Film Festival
These women from Femina power list inspire not only other woman from the entertainment industry but also the women from all over India. We salute these ladies for all the efforts they are putting into empowering other woman and dominating their fields with their talents.