UGC NET JUNE 2020: UGC NET Exam is a national level exam conducted to select candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges. Every year lakhs of students appear for the UGC NET examination. Total 10,34,872 candidates registered for the December 2019 examination and 7,93,813 aspirants took the exam.
UGC NET June 2020 application form
The UGC NET June 2020 application form will be released by NTA online on March 16, 2020. The interested candidates can fill the online application form from the UGC NET official website. During the registration process, the candidates are required to upload the signature and photograph of the size and dimensions mentioned below:
|Size of Photograph||10 kb to 200 kb|
|Size of Signature||4 kb to 30 kb|
UGC NET Application Fee
The application fee for UGC NET June examination is as follows:
- For General category candidates: Rs 1,000/-
- For General-EWS/OBC-NCL candidates: Rs 500/- and
- For SC/ST/PwD/transgender candidates: Rs 250/-
Know UGC NET JUNE 2020 Important Details
Various important dates and links are provided here on the below table for the candidates appearing for UGC NET 2020 exam in June.
|Exam Name||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test, UGC NET 2020|
|Exam Conducted By||NTA, National Testing Agency|
|Application form||March 16, 2020-April 16, 2020|
|Admit Card||May 15, 2020|
|Exam Date||June 15, 2020- June 20, 2020|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Result||July 5, 2020|
|Official Website||https://ugcnet.nt a.nic.in|
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
UGC NET June examination is a computer-based examination consisting of two papers having objective type and multiple-choice questions. There is no negative marking. The candidate will get 2 marks each for every correct answer. Candidates shall note that there is no break between the two papers.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||50||100||180 minutes (3 hours)|
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility
The candidate shall fulfil the following basic criteria to sit for the June examination.
- There is no age restriction of candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor
- In order to be eligible for JRF, aspirants should not be more than 30 years in age
- For reserved category candidates, relaxation of 5 years in age criteria is given
- The aspirant should have minimum 55% aggregate marks in post-graduation
- For reserved category candidates, relaxation of 5% in educational qualification is given
- Candidates who have cleared SET (State Eligibility Test) before June 1, 2002, are exempted from taking the UGC NET examination.
UGC NET June Educational Qualification
|Category||Percentage Criteria (in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Degree)|
|ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD/ Transgender||50% aggregate|
|PhD degree holders whose Master’s level exam had been completed by September 19, 1991||50% aggregate|
UGC NET 2020 Contact Details
Head, UGC NET Bureau, University of Delhi,
South Campus, Benito Juarez Marg,
New Delhi, Pin Code-110021,
Phone Number (011-24116316, 24115419, 24115416).