TNSET 2020 examination will be conducted from April 2020. The exam is organized by the Mother Teresa Women’s University for a total of 26 subjects. Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (TNSET) is a state-level entrance test conducted to recruit candidates for the post of assistant professor in a reputed university in respect of Private, Government and aided of Tamil Nadu state.
The following are TNSET 2020 examination details as well as applying form, syllabus, admit card, eligibility criteria, test pattern and test dates. The candidates who have qualified the TNSET 2020 will be eligible for the counseling round. The top 6 % of TNSET aspirants will be declared qualified for Assistant Professor.
TNSET 2020 Highlights
|Type Of Exam||PG level|
|Courses Offered||Assistant Professor|
TNSET Help Desk Details:
The TNSET candidates can share their exam-related queries or problems from the help desk details mentioned below:
TNSET Office Address: Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal-624101
TNSET Helpline Phone Number: 9566267366, 04542-244417, 04542-244418
Email Id: email@example.com
TNSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check the TNSET 2020 eligibility criteria from below:
- Qualification: Aspirants will have to qualify a master’s degree or equivalent examination from Institutes or University recognized by UGC New Delhi.
- Percentage: Aspirants will have to score at least 55% marks for General/OBC (Creamy Layer), 50% marks for OBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer)/ ST/SC/ PWD.
- Subjects: The qualifying exam must be passed with subjects like Science, Social Science, Computer Science & Application, Humanities (including languages), Electronic Sciences, and library & Information Sciences (as per the subject opted by candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Aspirants appearing in their final year of master’s degree & candidates who are waiting for their result are also eligible.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for applying for TNSET 2020.
TNSET 2020 Important Dates
Check out below TNSET 2020 exam dates:
|TNSET Notification 2020||2nd week of December 2019|
|Application form released||3rd week of December 2019|
|Application form submission||2nd week of February 2020|
|Download Admit Card||4th week of February 2020|
|Exam date||1st week of March 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||3rd week of March 2020|
|Result Declaration||1st week of April 2020|
|Counselling Starts||April 2020|
TNSET Exam Pattern 2020
The Tamil Nadu SET 2020 exam is conducted through offline mode as OMR (Optical Mark Reader) are provided to mark the answers. The exam is divided into three papers in English or Tamil languages in a few subjects. For every correct answer, 2 marks are assigned to the candidate. Check the details below:
|Paper||Total Marks||Number of Questions||Time||Duration|
|1||100||60 (Attempt 50 out of 60)||9:30 am to 10:45 am||1 ¼ Hour|
|2||100||50 (All compulsory)||11:15 am to 12:30 pm||1 ¼ Hour|
|3||150||75 (All compulsory)||2:00 pm to 4:30 pm||2 Hours|
TNSET 2020 Syllabus
The TNSET 2020 Syllabus will be same as in according with CSIR / UGC – NET. Candidates can download the whole TNSET syllabus from the website. Check paper wise syllabus from below:
- Paper I of TNEST will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the aspirant. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, divergent thinking, comprehension, and general awareness of the candidates.
- Paper-II & III will be based on the subject selected by the aspirants.
Check the subject code and download TNSET previous years question papers from below:
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Syllabus Download Links|
|00||Common Paper||Download Here|
|02||Computer science and application||Download Here|
|10||Home Science||Download Here|
|11||Journalism and Mass Communication||Download Here|
|16||Political Science||Download Here|
|18||Social Work||Download Here|
TNSET Exam Centers
The TNSET 2020 examination will be conducted in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Erode, Karaikudi, Tiruchillapalli, Salem, Villupuram, Tirunelveli, Vellore, and Thanjavur. Test centres once allotted for a candidate will be final & will not be allowed to change the centre further under any circumstances. Check the centres with centre codes.
TNSET 2020 Application Form
The application process of TNSET is online and will be available from the 3rd week of December. Candidates will have to fill their personal, communication & education details in the application form. It is advisable to read all the instructions carefully.
Candidates will have to upload scanned images of signature, passport size photograph, and other required documents (Income, Community & PWD). No hard copies will be accepted.
The TNSET 2020 application form fees details are given below which candidates have to submit while submitting an application form online by net banking, debit card, and credit card.
|General And OBC (Creamy Layer)||Rs 1500/-|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||Rs 1250/-|
|SC/ST/PWD-VI, PH, HI||Rs 500/-|
TNSET 2020 Admit Card
TNSET 2020 Admit Card will be generated on the official website as mentioned above and will be available in the 4th week of February 2020. The candidates will be informed about their date and timings, exam venue and other important details through admit card.
The candidates can download the admit card by providing the date of birth and roll number. Please note that it is mandatory to carry admit card to the exam venue.
TNSET 2020 Cut-Off
TNSET candidates will have to score a minimum of 40 % marks in the case of General/ OBC (Creamy Layer) categories. And candidates will have to score at least 35% aggregate marks in the case of OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PWD categories.
- To participate in the counselling rounds, candidates must secure the cut off marks as mentioned above in respective categories.
- The candidates those qualify the written test will only be called for a personal interview.
- The concerned authority will shortlist the candidates for the interview round after a few days of the written result date.
- Those will successfully qualify the personal interview round will be considered for Assistant professor.