The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we sell and buy stuff. More and more people have switched to online mode and clearly, traditional marketing has taken a backseat. Companies are looking for professionals who have expertise in marketing and wish to learn new skills. Those studying commerce, retail, marketing, business, or related field will have to study newer courses to stay abreast with the industry.
Apart from the degree courses offered by varsities, interested candidates can apply for short-term, online certificate courses on retail management and digital marketing as several online platforms including SWAYAM. Coursera, Udemy, and Simplilearn among others which offered online professional courses for free.
List of the courses offered at SWAYAM
- Retail Management: The IIM Bangalore offers an online course on retail management via Government’s SWAYAM platform. This six months course will help students understanding the basic concept of retailing and gives an idea of how a retail business works, the core issues and challenges involved, and an idea of the country’s retails sector.
Candidates can apply from January 31 to February 28.
- Retail and Channel Management: The 12-week course on Retail and Channel Management offered by Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore will help to understand the basics of retailing, store management, and branding. This course is very effective if candidates want to build their retailing business. The online course will be conducted by Yamini Karmarkar and Geeta Nema. The last date to fill the application form is February 28.
- Basics of Digital Marketing: The course ‘Basics of Digital Marketing’ offered by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM ) Indore’s professor Subin Sudhir- provides critical insights necessary to succeed in E-commerce and digital and social media marketing. This course will help to run the business on social media platforms including mobile marketing, E-mail marketing, and website planning. It can be applied from January 21 to February 28.
- Global Marketing Management: IIT Roorkee provides an 8-week course on Global Marketing Management. This course aims up-to-date analysis of the global business environment and successfully blends a comprehensive review of global business and marketing. With help of this course, candidates can learn global strategy to set up the business and industry.
- Digital Marketing: the online course offered by Punjab University, Chandigarh to help candidates to learn the foundations of digital marketing and its role in international business. This will help in planning, monitoring the digital task, and implementing a campaign. This course is designed initially for MBA pursuing candidates. 15-week course covers the depth knowledge of digital marketing and its significance in digital life.
According to notification, interested candidates can apply at the official website of the SWAYAM platform – swayam.gov.in till February 28, and the exam is scheduled to be held on May 9, 2021.
According to SWAYAM, a total of 2,116 students till now have enrolled for the course which will be commenced on February 15. The exam is scheduled to be held on April 25 for candidates seeking to get a certificate.
Click here for more Education News