By Swati Mishra
Applications are open for the Tamil Nadu Common Admission TANCA 2020. Students who have applied in TANCET 2020 or GATE 2018, 19, or 20 can apply for TANCA at tanca.annauniv.edu. The counselling will be done through online mode and candidates are invited to take the admission to ME, March, MPlan, MTech degree programs.
Through TANCA, students are free to choose their campus and can apply for admission to several universities including regional campuses, departments, and colleges affiliated to Anna University, Anna University, Govt-aided engineering college, and self-financed engineering college.
The selection of students is based on the merit list and the merit list will be prepared based on the percentile score of the students obtained in TANCET 202. In case of a tie, candidates having a higher average percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination will be given a higher rank, as per rules.
The candidates can visit at tanca.annauniv.edu for detailed information and resolve their doubts regarding the counselling.
After the merit list, candidates will be called for the counselling procedure in which verification of their documents will proceed. For counselling, first candidates will fill course and college of their choice and then students have to pay Rs 5,300 including a non-refundable counselling charge of Rs 300. There is reservation too for the lower cast. Reserved category candidates are asked to pay Rs 1,150. Seats will be given on the basis of choice and merit. To book a seat, students will have to pay Rs 5000 (for reserved category 1000). If a candidate does not join after allotment, 80 per cent of the initial amount paid will be refunded to the student.
Mandatory documents for the counselling:
- Academic certificate of the students of class 10th and 12th
- Transfer certificate or migrants certificate from the last institute or college at which aspirants studied
- Qualifying degree certificate and mark sheet
- Caste certificate
- Valid GATE scorecard, in case authority demand
- TANCET OR GATE admit card
- Valid ID proof for further reference
- Parental Community Certificate, if applicable
- Nativity certificate/ Residence certificate
- Copy of id certificate from headquarter Tahsildar or visa/passport
Click here for more Education News