By Swati Mishra
NEET 2020 examination was successfully conducted across 155 test cities in India. The examination concluded at 5 pm, post which many coaching institutes started working on NEET 2020 answer key. The unofficial answer keys were made available for download from September 13. Along with the answer keys, NEET 2020 analysis and expected cut-off were also released.
NEET counselling for 85 per cent state quota seats in government medical/dental colleges and for 100 per cent seats in a private college of the state are conducted by the respective state counselling authorities. Counselling for admission to all the seats in Jammu and Kashmir will be conducted by the state authority.
In order to get admission, candidates must have qualified the NEET exam. Every state declares its own eligibility criteria as prescribed by the counselling authority of each state. Some state requires the student to be a domicile of that state while others have different criteria.
Cut-off of any college is the rank of the last person who gets admission in that college. Cut-off varies every year from college to college depending on many factors such as the difficulty level for the exam, the number of candidates applying for admission, category, and others.
NEET 2020 Cut-off:
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the cut-off for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test- NEET-UG to shortlist the aspirants for admission to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, BVSc, and AH course. The cut off is the minimum qualifying percentile and scores which must be obtained to pass the test. The cut-off percentile to be secured for the qualifying entrance exam has been released through the information brochure.
NEET 2020 cut-off marks will be released along with the result in online mode. Also, candidates who want to study medical science abroad should obtain the cut-off percentile and score. NEET 2020 cut-off is determined on the basis of several factors such as merit list will be prepared to mention All India Rank AIR, score, percentile, category, category rank, and others details.
The exam was held on September 13, 2020, for admission to 80,055 MBBS, 26,949 BDS, 52,720 AYUSH and 525 BVSc – AH seats.
According to the official brochure, the NEET cut-off percentile shows the candidate’s performance comparison among other aspirants, while the marks provide how much applicants have scored out of the total marks. The cut-off percentile and mark vary for various categories. Here is a table which shows the previous year, 2019 cut-off.
|Category||Cutoff percentile |
|Cut off scores, 2019|
|GENERAL – PH||45th |
|SC/ST/OBS –PH||40th||119-107 |
NEET 2020 cut –off for admission
The admission cut-off for NEET exam is the last rank and its corresponding marks at which the admission to a particular college and category is granted. NEET cut-off is considered for admission to the following seats:
- 15 per cent ALL India Quota (AIQ) seats in government colleges
- 85 per cent state quota seats in government colleges
- Deemed and central universities
- ESIC and AFMC
- Private institutes
- 15 AIIMS and two JIPMER institutions
NEET counselling 2020
On the basis of merit list prepared, the Medical Counseling Committee MCC will conduct counselling for admission to 15 per cent AIQ, all deemed/central universities, ESIC and AFMS institutes, AIIMS and JIPMER institutions. While the state counselling committee will organize NEET counselling sessions for granting admission to 85 per cent state quota seat and private colleges in the states.
Process of counselling
All qualified candidates need to take care of the process of counselling. Every state has set the norms for counselling. Check below:
- Registration: NEET qualified candidates will have to register with the state counselling authority. In the registration process, candidates will have to provide their basic details whatever will be asked such as personal and academic information for verifying the documents. It is mandatory for all the aspirants.
- Merit list: The counselling authority of each state declares the merit list. Merit is something that includes the state rank of all the candidates who have registered with the state counselling authority.
- Counselling and seat allotment: The authorities release the seat allotment list based on the preferences marked by the candidates. There is basically two round of counselling are conducted for admission. The state starts its counselling just after the all India counselling process.
Recommendation of top colleges accepting NEET 2020 scores
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- University College of Medical Science, DU, Delhi
- Institute of Medical Science BHU, Varanasi
- Government Medical College for Hospital, Chandigarh
- Armed Force Medical College, Pune
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- SCB Medical College, Cuttack
- Madras Medical College, Chennai.
- Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai