Education

NEET 2020 Counselling will be begun in October ends; MCC to be Released the Date for Counselling Soon

The NEET UG counselling 2020 will be announced soon. The schedule of NEET counselling for admission in MBBS/BDS course will be uploaded on the official website of MCC- mcc.nic.in

By Swati Mishra

NEET 2020 Counselling: The NEET counselling 2020 schedule will be announced soon by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The Directorate General of Health Science (DGHS) on behalf of MCC will conduct the NEET counselling.

According to the reports, the counselling will be held through online mode and more than 200 colleges will participate in the admission process.

The Directorate General of Health Science (DGHS) will notify the NEET counselling dates and details for the All-India Quota soon. The counselling process is expected to start at end of October, as per report.

MCC will conduct counselling for All India Quota seats/institutional quota/domicile (internal candidates) of Central University/ Aligarh Muslim University/Banaras Hindu University/University of Delhi/faculty of dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamic, Delhi/reserved seats on behalf of the DGHS, Ministry of Health Service, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.

About 15 percent of the seats in government colleges are reserved for All-India quota. The state government will conduct the counsellling for the remaining 85 percent of the seats available in the government and private medical colleges in the state.

The schedule of NEET UG 2020 counselling for admission in MBBS/BDS courses will be uploaded on the official website of MCC – mcc.nic.in

. Qualified candidates are advised to keep themselves updated and keep checking the website.

 

The process of NEET UG 2020 counselling:

Step 1: candidates need to do registration on the official site

Step 2: pay the counselling fee

Step 3: choice filling and locking

Step 4: after filling the choice the committee will release the list of allotted seat

Step 5: reporting to the college

 

As per the released data, there are around 235 colleges that will conduct counselling process and around 317 seats are allotted to MBBS course while 22 seats are preserved for the dental course. These seats will be filled via the MCC all-India quota for candidates who have qualified the NEET 2020.

 

As compared to the 2019 index, the number of medical colleges conducting AIQ counselling has raised, increasing the number of seats available under AIQ from 4064 in 2018 to 4591 this year.

Each seat matrix will be declared by the DHGS before each round of counselling.

 

Click here for more Education News

 

Related Articles

Back to top button