The registration for NEET 2018 Application Form has already started through the official website – cbseneet.nic.in from February 08, 2018, and will be available till March 09, 2018. Aspirants must register themselves at the earliest to avoid chaos at the later stage.
Make sure that you go through the detailed information brochure available at https://www.neet2018nic.in/neet-2018-information-brochure/ before registering for NEET 2018.
For your ease, we have summarised the major prerequisites for filling the NEET 2018 Application Form online . Go through those in the list below:
NEET 2018 Application Form registration, step-by-step details
- Firstly, ensure that you fulfil all the required eligibility conditions. This will minimise the possibility of rejection of your application form by the organising committee.
- Make sure that you meet the nationality requirements. Note that only the candidates with the following nationalities can register for NEET 2018 – Indians, Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and NRI.
- Your age needs to be between 17 to 25 years as on December 31 of the year of admission. Therefore, for NEET 2018, your age needs to be between 17 to 25 years as on December 31, 2018.
- You may not appear in the NEET exam for more than three times. So if you have already appeared in NEET earlier for three times, you are ineligible for NEET 2018.
- You should have passed class 12th with minimum 50% aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics and Biology. For the Gen-PH category candidates, the least required marks are set to 45%, and that for the SC, ST, OBC, SC-PH, ST-PH and OBC-PH category candidates, those are 40%.
- The NEET 2018 application fee for the General category candidates is INR 1400, and that for the SC, ST and PH category candidates is INR 750.
- You will be required to upload scanned copies of your recent passport-sized photograph, signature and index finger.
- The scanned file of your photograph needs to be of JPG format, and its size should be 10 to 100 KB. The background of the photograph should be white, and your name and date of capturing the photograph should be written at its bottom.
- The scanned file of your signature and index finger needs to be of JPG format, and its size should be between 3KB to 20KB.
- Aadhaar card is mandatory for registering for NEET 2018. However, the applicants from Assam, Jammu & Kashmir and Meghalaya do not need to mention their Aadhaar card number in case they select the examination centre within their states.
- Do not add prefixes (such as Mr., Shri and Dr.) with the names of your parents in the application form.
- Ensure that the e-mail address and mobile number that you specify in the NEET application form are active and absolutely correct. Else, you might miss any communication from the NEET organising committee.
- Do not forget to take a printout of the NEET application submission screen. If it is not possible at that moment, note down the registration number displaying on the screen. You may need it in case of any probable application form dispute.
- Make sure that you have the details of your credit/debit card or net banking handy for paying the application fee.