NEET Counselling 2020: The Medical Council Committee (MCC) will start the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2020) UG 2020 counselling from today, October 28, 2020. It was earlier scheduled to begin on October 27, 2020, but due to technical glitches, it was rescheduled and postponed to October 28, 2020.
So the registration for counselling which should be begun on October 27, 2020, will now start today on October 28. Candidates can apply at the official website of MCC – mcc.nic.in.
This year some changes have been made regarding counselling process. This year, admission to JIPMER and AIIMS will also be given based on the NEET counselling 2020. Earlier, these institutes accepted admission on the basis of separate entrance exam gateway. MCC conducts the central counselling for 15% all India quota seats to MBBS, BDS colleges all over India on the other hand state-wise counselling procedure are conducted for the remaining seats by the respective state authorities.
Candidates who have secured a minimum of 50th percentile under the unreserved category can participate in counselling process while for SC/ST/OBS candidates 40 percentile are mandatory.
NEET Counselling 2020: Step-wise registration process the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) or Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will hold the NEET Counselling 2020.
- Visit the official website of the MCC – mcc.nic.in
- Click on the link –“UG medical counselling”
- Click on the – “New Registration” option
- The next step is to register with credential ID or Registration Number and hit the ‘Submit button’
- After registration, students will be provided a new ‘roll number and password’ by which students need to register for ‘NEET Counselling’
- Go to the login option
- Login with credential and submit
- After submission screen will display the information regarding students from the NTA database for the purpose of verification. Once the verification is done students need to ‘confirm Registration’
- Download and take a print out of the registration slip
- Now you will be asked to pay the application fee, pay the fee
- Filling of choice option will appear; fill the choice of colleges and course.
NEET counselling 2020: Required document
- NEET admit card
- Class 10 and 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Original ID proof (no discrepancy will be accepted )
- Eight passport size photograph
- Caste certificate
- Residential certificate (if applicable)
- NRI/OCI candidates
- NEET Scorecard or Rankcard
- Passport copy of sponsored, embassy certificate
- Relationship affidavit
- PwD Certificate
- Provisional Allotment Letter
All India Quota:
MCC earlier decide that eligibility criteria of 15 % AIQ under which total candidates invited for counselling were five times the number of seats available for allotment were(as being done previously) has been abolished. All candidates are eligible till the exhaustion of seats.
- 15% MBBS/BDS Seats of states
- 100% MBBS/BDS Seats of BHU
- AIQ Seats of Faculty of Dentistry in Jamia Milia Islamia
- AIQ of JIPMER (Puducherry/Karaikal)
- AIQ Seats of AMU/DU/VMMC/ABVIMS/ESIC
For complete updates about students are advised to check the official website of MCC.
Click here for more Education News