Coronavirus outbreak: Several examinations have been cancelled or postponed including recruitment exams due to novel coronavirus outbreak in India. In view of the rising cases of COVID-19 that has infected more than 160 cases has led to the closure of schools and colleges across the nation. Even the ongoing board examinations: CBSE and ICSE– and state-level education boards, and the school level examinations stand cancelled. UGC has asked all the Colleges and Universities to postpone exams till March 31, 2020.
List of exams Postponed or Cancelled: School and College Level Exams
- The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore, has suspended all the classes and exams in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak. A mail was circulated by the Director, Professor Himanshu Rai, regarding the suspension of the classes and exams.
- In Uttar Pradesh (UP), students of all educational institutions up to class 8 would be promoted without examinations to the next class. The government has also postponed the evaluation of answer sheets till April 2, 2020, for the high school and intermediate examinations. The competitive and other examinations in Uttar Pradesh have been postponed till April 2, 2020.
- CBSE Board Exams 2020 for class 10 and class 12 has been postponed. CBSE announced that the examinations scheduled from March 19 to March 31 have been postponed for both Class 10 and Class 12 students.
- ICSE and ISE Exams are now postponed till March 31. The revised dates will be released soon.
- Class 8 exams were cancelled in Goa. But class 9 to 12 examinations will be held as per schedule. The students were asked to seat one meter apart.
- Semester exams in Odisha have also postponed according to the recent release by the Department of Higher Education on March 16. The final year exams will be held as per the schedule.
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University postponed all its summer exams. About 187 examinations were supposed to start from March 19, 2020, which has now affected 90,000 students.
- Delhi University has suspended the regular classes in the colleges, departments, and centres affiliated with the varsity till March 31, 2020. This also includes internal assessments. However, the teacher has the option to work from home. Through e-resources, the teachers can continue their teaching-learning process.
- The Assam government ordered the closure of all educational institutions and exams cancelled until the specified date.
- The annual examinations for classes 7 to 9 in Karnataka postponed till March 31 as part of measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has also postponed examinations till March 31, 2020. The theory exams that were scheduled from March 24 to 31 for the secondary and senior secondary course has also be postponed.
- Rajasthan University has suspended all the examinations for the undergraduate an postgraduate students till March 31, 2020, in line with the MHRD directive.
- The remaining papers of BSEH 10th and 12th Exam
List of exams Postponed or Cancelled: Recruitment Exams
- ITBP Constable Recruitment Exam, a nationwide written exam was postponed by ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police). The exam was supposed to be held on Sunday (March 22, 2020) at 11 cities in the country and to be taken by about 50,000 students. Helpline numbers– 011-24369482; 011-24369483 between 9:30 am to 6 pm for any assistance.
- BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) has postponed the exam which was about to be held on March 21, March 22, March 28 and March 29, 2020.
- The Indian Army has postponed all recruitment rallies for one month.
- In amid coronavirus scare, Delhi High Court has postponed the Delhi Higher Judicial Services Main exam The main exams was about to held on March 14 and March 15, 2020. The fresh dates will be announced later.
- Kerala PSC or Kerala Public service Commission deferred several recruitment processes. The dictation tests for Confidential Assistant Grade (2) and Reporter Grade (2) Malayalam, and the OMR test of Police Constable (IRB) have been postponed which was scheduled in March 2020. The Department level online examination will now be held on April 5, which was scheduled for March 11, 2020.
- RBI Assistant Main exam 2020 postponed by RBI which was about to be held on March 29, 2020. The new dates will be released on the RBI official site at rbi.org.in.
- The Indian Air Force has postponed the recruitment examinations Airmen group X, Y scheduled to be conducted from March 19, Thursday. The exam will likely to be conducted in the last week of April.
- Haryana HSSC Lineman exam has been postponed by the commission for the posts of Assistant Lineman (ALM). The fresh dates will be intimated soon.
- Jammu and Kashmir Police Recruitment Exam of 02 Border Battalions have also been put off. This included the Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET).
List of exams Postponed or Cancelled: Admission Test/ Entrance Exams
- The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) admission test was suspended which was about to be held on March 22 and March 29, 2020. About more than 25,000 students were scheduled to appear at both the test.
- Maharashtra (MHA) MCA CET 2020 Exam has been postponed. The exam was about to be held on March 28, 2020. Candidates can check the notification on the official website mahacet.org. These entrance exams provide admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the state.
- Bihar D.El.Ed exam 2020 has been postponed due to coronavirus outbreak. The exam was scheduled for March 28, 2020. About 1.81 lakh candidates registered for the exam. This joint entrance exam provides admission in all government and private colleges of Bihar.
- The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2020 has also been rescheduled by the National Testing Agency that was scheduled to be held on April 5,7,9 and 11. The new dates will be announced on March 31, 2020. Every year lakhs of engineering aspirants appear for the exam.