Jharkhand Public Service Commission has extended the last date for the application of Medical Officer in the state. The commission has notified for the vacancies of 380 JPSC Medical Officers last month. This application process was supposed to end on 11 May 2020. The notification also mentions that the JPSC Medical Officer post would be contractually based valid for 2 years. But, now the commission has released an extension notice to the students. In this article, we will talk about the JPSC Medical Officer notification in detail.
Highlights of JPSC Medical Officer
The highlights of the JPSC Medical Officer is given in the table format:
|Exam Date||To be notified later|
Eligibility for Medical Officer
- The candidate must be present in the age group of 23-35 years.
- The candidate must have completed his MBBS degree from a recognised college registered under the Medical Council of India.
- The candidate must have completed his Internship from any Medical college or hospital.
How to Apply for JPSC?
The application process for the vacancies notified under the JPSC Medical Officer will be done online. The candidates have to follow all the basic steps released by the exam authorities:
- Visit the official website of JPSC.
- Register yourself on the website and then proceed further.
- Fill all of your personal details that are asked in the form. After filling all your personal details, name, date of birth, gender.
- Note down the login credentials.
- Enter all the details correctly regarding the marks, date of birth etc.
- After this enter your academic qualifications, grades, total marks.
- Once all these things are completed then pay the fees which are been mentioned in the advertisement.
- The fee payment of Rs 600 will be made online or in some cases, a bank challan has to be issued for the payment.
- The students are allowed to choose their training centre as per their preference in some cases.
- Lastly, take a printout of the application form and keep it for future use.
The selection process of JPC MO
The selection process for the JPSC Medical Officer is based on a written exam and interview.
The written exam will be an Objective test based on the basics of MBBS courses, let’s have a quick look at the subjects and pattern:
|Paper||Subject name||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||General Medicine||100|
|Child welfare and Family Planning||60|
|Paper 3||General Surgery||60|
The students who will be successful in the written exam will be called for the interview. The interview will be conducted for 40 marks. The students will have to perform best in both the phases to qualify for the job.
Vacancy and Salary break-up
The notification is for 380 Medical Officers, which is distributed under different categories.
The candidates who will be selected as JPSC Medical Officer will be entitled to get emoluments under the pay-scale of 9400-34,800 level-9. This will be a contractual job and will be valid for 2 years.