New Delhi: Indian Postal Service has notified various vacancies under the post of Gramin Dak Sewak under three circles viz Haryana, MP and Uttarakhand. The post-offices are an important part of the communication in India for a long time. The department has announced whooping vacancies in India Post GDS which counts to 4166. These vacancies are distributed into 3 states and further zones. We will now discuss this recruitment of India Post GDS in detail.
Highlights of India Post GDS Recruitment 2020
The highlights of the India Post GDS recruitment are presented in the table below:
|Total vacancies||4166 |
|Job profile||Branch Postmaster, Assistant Postmaster and Postman in Rural Indian states|
|Application date||08-06-2020 to 07-07-2020|
|Selection process||Merit List|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Notification Link||Click here to read the official notice.|
The candidates who wish to apply for the India Post GDS recruitment has to furnish the following eligibilities:
- The candidate must be in the age range of 18-40 years.
- He must have completed his 10th standard from a recognised school and board.
- The student must have studied the local language of the area till the 10th standard and must be fluent in it.
How to apply for Gramin Dak Sewak?
The application process for the vacancies notified for India Post GDS will be done online. The candidates have to follow all the basic steps released by the exam authorities:
- Visit the official website of the India Post.
- Register yourself on the website and then proceed further.
- Fill all of your personal details that are asked in the form. After filling all your personal details, name, date of birth, gender. Note down the login credentials.
- Enter all the details correctly regarding the marks, date of birth etc.
- After this enter your academic qualifications, grades, total marks.
- Once all these things are completed then pay the fees which is Rs 100 for the Unreserved/ OBC/EWS Male while all other categories and women are exempted from making the payment.
- The fee payment will be made online or in some cases, a bank challan has to be issued for the payment.
- The students are allowed to choose their training centre as per their preference in some cases.
- Lastly, take a printout of the application form and keep it for future use.
Vacancies under the Gramin Dak Sewak
The total vacancies that are being released are 4166 which is further distributed into 3 states and 3 cadres. Let us now assess the vacancies in all the states.
Emoluments and salary
The emoluments under different posts are also defined in the recruitment which is as follows:
|Branch Postmaster||Rs 14,500|
|Assistant Postmaster||Rs 10,000|