The much-awaited notification of IBPS RRB is released by the Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection for the office assistant and officer scale 1. The students who were waiting for the notice since a long time can take a sigh of relief as the notice is finally out. Read along to find out the details of the RRB notification 2020 in detail.
Summary of IBPS RRB
|Conducting organisation||Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection|
|Post description||RRB Clerk
RRB Officer scale 1
|Total Vacancies reported||4000+|
|Total Participating RRBs||State-wise|
|Registration dates||01-07-2020 to 21-07-2020|
|Prelims Exam date||September/October 2020|
|Mains Exam Dates||October/November 2020|
|Official website||Click here|
|Official notice||Read here|
Eligibilities of IBPS RRB
The eligibility of IBPS RRB is decided on 3 factors viz Age, Citizenship and Educational Qualification.
- The candidate should fall between the age group of 21-30 years.
- The candidates who come in the creamy layer are given age relaxations viz 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have completed his graduation from a recognised university.
- There is no minimum percentage required for appearing in the exam.
How to apply for RRB?
The application process for the vacancies notified under IBPS RRB recruitment will be done online. The candidates have to follow all the basic steps released by the exam authorities:
- Visit the official website IBPS.
- Register yourself on the website and then proceed further.
- Fill all of your personal details that are asked in the form. After filling all your personal details, name, date of birth, gender. Note down the login credentials.
- Enter all the details correctly regarding the marks, date of birth etc.
- After this enter your academic qualifications, grades, total marks.
- Lastly, take a printout of the application form and keep it for future use.
- The department will not charge any fee from any applicant.
- If a candidate is already working anywhere, then he must have to show his NOC during Document Verification
IBPS RRB Selection Process
The selection process of IBPS RRB is divided into 3 levels. The 3 levels are Preliminary exam, Mains exam and interview. Let’s now have an in-depth analysis of the 3 levels:
Level 1- Preliminary Exam
This is the first stage of the recruitment process it is a 45 minutes exam comprising of 2 subjects which is Maths and Reasoning. There are prescribed sectional timing for each subject and a total of 80 questions are asked at this level.
|Subject||No of questions||Total Marks||Duration||Mark/question|
|Correct answer||Wrong answer|
Level 2- Mains Exam
The candidates who will be successful in clearing the cut-off of pre-exam will be called for the mains exam. The mains exam is slightly difficult in terms of level as compared to the preliminary exam.
|Subject||No of questions||Total Marks||Sectional timing||Mark/question|
|Correct answer||Wrong answer|
|English Language||40||40||120 minutes||+1||– ¼|
|General Knowledge||40||40||+1||– ¼|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||+1||– ¼|
|Reasoning Aptitude||40||50||+1||– ¼|
The 3rd level of the selection process is the interview in which only those candidates appear who have successfully cleared the level 2. The interview is also allotted marks and candidates have to acquire the minimum cut-off as well to get finally placed in the merit list.