Bihar Public Service Commission has released the notification for the BPSC 65th Mains 2020. The preliminary exam for the same has been already conducted by the commission earlier. The result of the PT exam has been already released by the commission in March 2020. The students who have successfully qualified for the mains have been waiting for the mains notification.
This year, the commission has invited as many as 434 posts under various subcategories. The BPSC exam is held annually for filling the various posts that have been lying vacant under the Bihar Public Service Commission.
Important Highlights of the BPSC 65th Mains :
The following table has all the important highlights that have happened until now:
|Name of the exam||BPSC 65th Mains 2020|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Public Service Commission|
|Preliminary Exam Date||15 October 2019|
|Preliminary Exam Results||6 March 2019|
|Mains Exam Application Date||4 May-8 May 2020|
|Mains Exam Date||June 2020|
How to fill the BPSC 65th Mains Application Form?
The students should follow the given steps to correctly fill the form:
- Visit the official website of BPSC
- Click on Apply Online.
- Then, fill all your personal details, name, date of birth, gender. Note down the login credentials.
- After this upload your photograph and enter your academic qualifications.
- Once all these things are completed then pay the fees which are about Rs 750 for the General candidates while 200 for all the SC/ST candidates.
- Make sure that you enter all the details correctly regarding the marks, date of birth etc.
- The students are allowed to choose their centre as per their preference.
- At last, take a printout of the application form and keep it for future use.
- Post this mail the hard copy of the application form to the below address before the last date.
Address of Bihar Public Service Commission
Joint cum Secretary Controller of Examinations,
Bihar Public Service Commission, 15,
Jawaharlal Nehru Marg (Bailey Road),
Patna – 800001
Exam Pattern of BPSC 65th Mains 2020
The Exam pattern of BPSC 65th Mains 2020 is very simple, please refer to the below table for the complete knowledge:
|General Studies I||300||3 hours||General- 40%, BC- 36.4%, OBC-34%, Women/SC/ST/PWD- 32%|
|General Studies II||300||3 hours|
|General Hindi||100||3 hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 hours|
Out of the above pattern, Hindi will be only of qualifying nature and will not be counted. While the students have to choose between Optional papers.
Subjects for Optional Paper
The candidates have to select their optional paper out of these given subjects:
|Civil Engineering||Urdu Language and Literature||Arabic Language and Literature||Labour and Social Welfare|
|Maithili Language and Literature||Bangla Language and Literature||Sociology||Geography|
|English Language and Literature||Political Science and International Relations||Botany||Civil Engineering|
|Public Administration||Physics||Philosophy||Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science|
|Mechanical Engineering||Agriculture||Commerce and Accountancy|
|Law||Sanskrit Language and Literature||Geology||Economics|