The recruitment cell of Indian Airforce has notified the AFCAT schedule on the official website. The students who were waiting for this opportunity for a long period can take a sigh of relief as the Indian Airforce Common Admission Test is on schedule. This recruitment is for vacancies in the technical and non-technical categories. Read along to find out the details of the recruitment process.
Timeline of AFCAT 2020
|Cadre||Technical and Non-Technical|
|Post||Ground Duty and Flying|
|Application date||15-06-2020 to 14-07-2020|
|Online Exam date||19-09-2020 to 20-09-2020|
|Final merit list||October 2020|
|Document verification||The first week of November 2020|
|Official Website||Click here|
Eligibility criteria and vacancy
The notification reads out the basic eligibility criteria that are mentioned for all the posts notified in the recruitment notice. Let’s check the eligibility criteria of all the posts one by one.
|Flying||· The Candidates should have passed in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level with 50% marks.|
· He must hold a minimum three years degree course in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or BE/B Tech degree
|Ground Duty (Non-technical)||The candidate must have completed his plus 2 and graduation in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks.|
|Ground Duty (Technical)||The candidate must have a degree in Aeronautical Engineer.|
He must also possess a minimum of 50% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
The total vacancy reported by the notification is 256 for all the posts, the breakup of all the vacancy is as follows:
|Ground Duty (Non-technical)||105|
|Ground Duty (Technical)||49|
The selection will be done on the basis of the written test organised by the Air-force authority. The test will contain 4 subjects and the test will last for 2 hours for 200 marks.
How to apply
The candidates have to follow all the basic steps present in the official notification for applying to AFCAT:
- Visit the official website of Indian Air Force.
- Select the career tab and click on new registration.
- Register yourself on the website and then proceed further.
- Fill all of your personal details that are asked in the form. After filling all your personal details, name, date of birth, gender. Note down the login credentials.
- Enter all the details correctly regarding the marks, date of birth etc.
- After this enter your academic qualifications, grades, total marks.
- Once all these things are completed then pay the fees which is been mentioned in the advertisement.
- The fee for filing the AFCAT form is Rs 250 and it is non-refundable.
- Lastly, take a printout of the application form and keep it for future use.