IIM CAT 2020 Exam: This year 2020, the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore take responsibility to conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 on November 29, 2020 e.i. tomorrow in three shifts for admission to various Business-schools across the country.
Candidates who want to take admission in B-school including IIMs in India have to go through the CAT exam. This year a total of 2,27,835 candidates had registered to appear for the same from different parts of the country. Exam will be conducted computer-based and in English language.
Since, the exams are being held amid the ongoing situation of a global pandemic, mandatory instructions have been issued by the authorities in terms of providing an infection free atmosphere to all the candidates including staff members who will appear at the exam center. Special instructions regarding mask, sanitizer, and social distancing need to be followed. Candidates can read below the important guidelines and rules.
Important rules to be followed before appearing for the exam:
- The CAT exam will be held in three sessions morning, afternoon and evening. The first session will start at 8.30 am, the second and third will begin at 12.30 pm and 4.30 pm respectively. Candidates need to reach the exam center before the mentioned time for frisking. As per the notification, gates will be closed 15 minutes ahead of the exam.
- Reporting time is mentioned on the IIM CAT 2020 exam admit card. for the convenience, the reporting time for different shift is mention below
- Morning session – 7 am IST
- Afternoon session – 11 am
- Evening session – 3 pm
- After entering to examination hall, candidates will have to register, go through frisking, document verification, and photo registration before commencing the exam.
- To avoid overcrowding at the exam center, candidates will receive assigned time slots on the registered mobile number or mail-id.
- A physical admit card and one ID proof along with Xerox of ID proof is necessary to appear the exam. Without a physical copy of admit card, candidates will be restricted.
- None of the accessories are allowed at the exam hall. No jewelry, watch, bracelet, or piece of metal will be allowed in the examination hall.
- Wearing a mask, gloves, and carrying hand sanitizer is mandatory in the examination center. Candidates have to follow the social distancing norms as per directed by the invigilators.
- Candidates are advised to cross-check admit card once before leaving for the exam. The admit card will be valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legibly printed.
- Socks, plain pullovers, or sweaters without any pockets will be allowed inside the examination hall. Candidates with a metal implant, pacemaker, etc in their body, required to bring a medical certificate to the exam center.
- There are separate time-slots for each section; as soon as the candidates start answering the section the clock would run and on the completion of 40-minute candidates are shifted to next sections. The section would be submitted automatically.
Note: There is negative marking only in MCQ, other than MCQ no negative marking applicable.
Click here for more Education News