ICAI CA May Exam 2020: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has postponed the CA May Exam. Now the exams will be held in June-July, considering the current situation due to coronavirus outbreak. The CA May new exam dates have been uploaded on the ICAI official website at icai.org.
The ICAI announced the same notification in a tweet as well. “In the interest of the well- being of students and in view of the ongoing spurt of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Chartered Accountant (CA) Examinations initially scheduled from May 2, 2020, to May 19, 2020 stand rescheduled. The notification read as that the CA examinations shall now be held from June 19, 2020, to July 4, 2020.”
The notice released by ICAI also reads “CA Foundation course exam is to be held along with Final Group II examinations on June 27, 29 and July 1, 3 and the post qualification course examination-INTT-AT is to be held along with Final Group II exam on June 27, 29, whereas ITL and WTO exam are to be held along with 4 papers, group 1 of intermediate (IPC)/ intermediate exam,”.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – POSTPONEMENT OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT EXAMINATIONS, MAY 2020
For more details please visithttps://t.co/UNO1KqW3Ry#StayHomeStayUpdated #IndiaFightsCorona #COVID19india @atulguptagst @JambusariaNihar pic.twitter.com/OulbopXSW1
— Institute of Chartered Accountants of India – ICAI (@theicai) March 27, 2020
The CA candidates can download the revised dates from here: Download
- Foundation Course Examination (New Scheme): June 27 and 29, July 1 and 3
- (IPC) Intermediate Course Examination (Old Scheme): Group-I exam to be held on June 20, 22, 24 and 26, while Group-II exam scheduled for June 28, 30 and July 2
- Intermediate Course Examination (New Scheme): Group-I exam to be held on June 20, 22, 24 and 26, while Group-II exam scheduled for June 28, 30 and July 2 and 4
- Final Course Examination (Old Scheme): Group –I exam to be held on June 19, 21, 23 and 25, while Group-II exam scheduled for June 27 and 29, July 1 and 3
- Final Course Examination (New Scheme): Group –I exam to be held on June 19, 21, 23 and 25, while Group-II exam scheduled for June 27 and 29, July 1 and 3
- International Trade Laws And World Trade Organisation (Itl & Wto), Part I Examination: Group A on June 20 and 22; Group B on June 24 and 26
- International Taxation – Assessment Test (Intt – At): June 27 and 29
On March 26, ICAI released a statement informing the CA candidates about the current articled training program. The candidates who have already registered and undergoing articled training, their absence because of lockdown due to COVID -19 pandemic shall be counted as being on article ship training. The absence period will not be counted for the purposes of deduction of any leaves.