BPSC has released the notification for the post of Assistant Engineer. This is the second recruitment notice by the commission for the year 2020. The notice for the BPSC AE was released on the official website today. The students who aspire to work with the commission as an AE can apply for the post. Bihar Public Service Commission is responsible for conducting the civil services exams in Bihar. The commission has released a full-fledged notification with all the details regarding the BPSC AE post. Find all the details related to the latest recruitment by BPSC in the article below.
Click here to read the full Notice! official website
BPSC AE Exam Dates 2020
The important dates of the AE recruitment are mentioned in the table given below:
|Online Registration begins||04-05-2020|
|Last date of application||18-05-2020|
|Last date of fees payment||02-06-2020|
|Exam Dates||To be notified later|
BPSC AE Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The BPSC AE notification states the eligibility criteria for the post very clearly, which is as follows:
- The candidate should have completed his 21 years on 01-08-2019, and the age must not exceed 37 years.
- The candidate must have completed his Engineering degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical from an AICTE recognised university or college.
- The students who fall under the reserved categories will be eligible for age relaxation.
BPSC Assistant Engineer Vacancy breakup
The total vacancies released under the Assistant Engineer post is 270 post, which is further sub-divided into 3 categories:
|Assistant Engineer stream||Vacancies reported|
How to apply for BPSC AE 2020
The students should follow the given steps to correctly fill the form:
- Visit the official website of BPSC
- Click on Apply Online.
- Then, fill all your personal details, name, date of birth, gender. Note down the login credentials.
- After this upload your photograph and enter your academic qualifications.
- Once all these things are completed then pay the fees which are about Rs 750 for the General candidates while 200 for all the SC/ST candidates.
- Make sure that you enter all the details correctly regarding the marks, date of birth etc.
- The students are allowed to choose their centre as per their preference.
- At last, take a printout of the application form and keep it for future use.
- Post this mail the hard copy of the application form to the below address before the last date.
BPSC Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Assistant Engineer is very simple, it is based on pen and paper mode. The selection is based on the performance of the student in the written exam. The written exam will be objective-based, with a duration of 1 hour. There will be 4 compulsory papers while 2 optional papers for each stream.
|Nature of paper||Subject||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Compulsory paper||General English||100||1 hour|
|General Studies||100||1 hour|
|General Hindi||100||1 hour|
|General Engineering||100||1 hour|
|Optional Paper||Optional paper 1||100||1 hour|
|Optional paper 2||100||1 hour|
The general English and General Hindi are of qualifying nature, the candidates have to just secure qualifying marks in those subjects.