Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Bombay has declared the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) 2021 results on March 19. The GATE result date 2021 was declared by the authorities was March 22, 2021.
The results have been uploaded at the official website of GATE- gate.iitb.ac.in. To check the GATE 2021 result, candidates have to log in using a credential ID and password. A total of 1, 26,813 candidates have qualified GATE exam this year.
GATE 2021 exam was scheduled to be conducted by IIT Bombay on February 6, 7, 13, & 14, 2021. Day 1 recorded the 77% percent attendance. The exam was conducted in online mode for 3-hour duration.
The exam is held primarily for admission to MTech programs and selection for PSU job, but GATE score also help to take direct entry to PhD programs with prime minister’s research fellowship PMRF in top engineering college is also via the GATE.
The authority has released the cut-off marks for 27 subjects separately. To check the cut-off marks and GATE result 2021 – click here
- GATE result announced on March 19, 2021 at 9.00 pm
- GATE scorecard will be released on March 30, 2021
- GATE scorecard will be valid for 3 years
- Result can be check at the official website in online mode
GATE 2021: How to check
- Go to the official website of GATE – gate.iitb.ac.in
- On the homepage click on the link that reads “GATE 2021 Result”
- Login using credential ID/ GATE 2021 enrolment number and password
- GATE 2021 result will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a printout of the result for future reference
GATE 2021 result mentions the score and rank obtained by the candidates. Hence, candidates are advised to keep their GATE 2021 results carefully till the last date of admission. Candidates, who qualified for the GATE 2021, can download their scorecard between March 31 to May 31, 2021.
Entry to PhD fellowship via GATE 2021:
To apply for PMRF through the direct entry channel, candidates must meet the criteria relevant for their group to be eligible.
- The candidates should have completed or be in the final year of a UG or PG programs in science and technology at the recognized institute or university in India with a minimum CGPA of 8 and also score 650 or above in the GATE examination in the relevant subject.
- Although, for candidates who get their degree from a CFTI, a GATE score is not mandatory
- The candidates should have qualified GATE and completed or be pursuing MTech or MS by research at one of the PMRF – granting institutes and must have a minimum CGPA of 8 at the end of the first semester with a minimum of four courses.
Click here for more Education News