If you have a PF account, then know that the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has started to credit interest at the rate of 8.5 per cent for FY 2019-20 in the Provident Fund (PF) account of its more than six crore subscribers. If interest money does not come in your account, then you can complain about it. For this, you won’t have to go anywhere but you can do this work sitting at home.
Apart from this, other complaints related to the provident fund can also be lodged online. You can also register a complaint online related to withdrawal of provident funds, transfer of EPF account, KYC, etc. Complaints can also be filed by tweeting the EPFO’s Twitter handle @socialepfo.
How to register a complaint?
- Go to https://epfigms.gov.in/ (epfigms.gov.in) and click on Register Grievance.
- A new webpage will open, you have to choose the status here. PF member, EPS pensioner, employer or one of the other must be selected.
- If you do not have a Universal Account Number (UAN) or pension payment order, then choose the option of Other.
- For PF related complaint, select PF member status, enter your UAN and security code and click on Get Details.
- After this, you will start seeing the details. Click on Get OTP, after which an OTP will appear on your register mobile and email ID.
- After entering OTP you will be verified. After this, you will have to fill your personal information.
- To enter personal information, select the PF number to which you have complained.
- After this, a pop-up screen will open, in which you have to choose what your complaint is about.
- You have to choose the category of the complaint and fill in the required information. If you have any proof, you can also upload it.
- After registering the complaint, click on Add and click on submit.
- After this, your complaint will be registered.
- A complex registration number will appear on your registered mobile number and email id.
How to check complaint status?
- First, go to https://epfigms.gov.in/ (epfigms.gov.in).
- You will see the View Status option. Click on it
- Enter your complaint registration number and mobile number
- You will know the status of the complaint.
You can check your FIFE balance in four ways.
1- Through the EPFO website.
2- Via SMS
3- Through missed call.
4- Through UMANG App.
- You can check the balance of PF account through SMS, but for this, your UAN number should be registered with EPFO.
- You have to SMS EPFOHO UAN from registered mobile number to 7738299899.
- If you want details related to balance in any other language including Hindi, then you have to write a three-letter code of the language. For Hindi, you have to message by writing EPFOHO UAN HIN.
Via missed call
- EPF balance can also be called by making a missed call on 011-22901406 from the mobile number registered with the EPFO.
Check your balance in this way through UMANG App
- Download the Umang App on your smartphone through the Play Store.
- Register your phone number and login to the app.
- Go to the menu in the top left corner and go to the ‘Service Directory’.
- Search and click on EPFO option here.
- After going to the View Passbook here, check the balance through your UAN number and OTP.
Via EPFO portal
- Log on to the EPFO website. Click on e-passbook on gov.in
- On clicking on the e-passbook, a new page will come on epfindia.gov.in.
- You have to fill your username (UAN number), password and captcha.
- After filling all the details, you will come to a new page and the member ID will have to be selected here.
- Here you will get your EPF balance on e-passbook.