What are the major Mous signed between India-Australia Virtual Summit?
On Thursday India and Australia held a virtual summit to encourage Indo-Pacific region relationship. Both leaders discussed the issues of trade, defence, education as well as the COVID-19 crisis. This Summit was supposed to be held in January 2020 but due to horrifying bushfires in Australia Morrison had to cancel his visit to India.
Australia Pm Morrison praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the leadership he has displayed during the COVID-19 crisis.
Here’s are 9 Memorandum of Understanding Signed between India and Australia.
- A deal on a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership announced between Republic of India and Australia.
- Declaration on a Shared Vision for Maritime Cooperation between Indo- Pacific was announced.
- Both the country signed a Framework Arrangement on Cyber and Cyber-Enabled Critical Technology Cooperation.
- MOU on cooperation in the field of mining and processing is signed.
- An arrangement concerning Mutual Logistics Support MLSA has signed.
- Implementing Arrangement concerning cooperation in Defence Science and Technology to the MoU on Defence Cooperation signed.
- Memorandum of Understanding on Co-operation of Public Administration and Governance Reforms signed.
- Indo-Pacific signed Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Vocational Education and Training.
- Memorandum of Understanding on Water Resources Management has also signed.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted after the meeting ended that “A new model of India-Australia partnership, a new model of conducting business. Met my dear friend, PM @ScottMorrisonMP over India-Australia Virtual Summit. We had an outstanding discussion, covering the entire expanse of our relationship”.
In reply to Modi Australia Pm Scott Marrison also tweeted that “Delighted to meet again in the spirit of Dosti (friendship) with my good friend PM @narendramodi and to take our Australia-India partnership to a new level. Mutual trust, shared values and common interests provide a strong foundation for working together even more closely”.