State Bank of India (SBI) bank account holder can now activate SBI net banking service online. Earlier, the account holder had to go to the branch for activating the Net Banking facility. Then the account holder had to fill a form and get a kit of instructions to avail the facility.
Conditions for online registration in SBI
- A joint account holder cannot avail of this online registration facility, to activate the net banking they have to go to SBI bank.
- Account holder mobile number should be registered in the records of SBI bank. Also, the ATM card should be active.
- If an account holder had registered before for the net banking service then the person cannot avail of this facility.
To register with SBI’s Net Banking facility, follow these steps
- First, go to www.onlinesbi.com.
- Click on ‘New User Activation / Registration’. Then you will receive a pop-up message which will ask to make sure if you have not already received the Internet Banking Kit from the branch. Click on ‘OK’.
- A new tab will open on your screen. You have to choose the ‘New User Registration’. Then click on ‘Next’.
- A new page will appear on your screen. Here you have to fill in your details. You have to enter your account number, CIF number, five digit branch code, country, registered mobile number, facility name and captcha code. You will find the details of your account number, CIF and branch code on the first page of the passbook.
- After entering all the details, click on ‘Submit’. Before submitting check that all the details you have filled in are correct.
- One-time password (OTP or OTP) will be sent to your mobile number after successful submission. Enter OTP and click ‘Confirm’.
- Select the option ‘I have my ATM card (online registration without branch visit)’. You will have to enter your ATM card details and captcha code. Then click on ‘submit’.
- A temporary username will appear on successful submission. You will be asked to create your login password. Make sure you write these temporary usernames safely. Enter the password again and click on submit.
- Password must be at least 8 characters. It should contain both upper and lowercase letters. There should also be at least one special character.
- On successfully entering the login password, you are advised to log in to the Internet banking service after one hour as per the instructions of the SBI Call Center. You will be asked to create a new username of your choice. Select the checkbox to accept Internet banking terms. Then click on submit.
- You will be asked to create a new login password and profile password. Remember that these two passwords are different. Also, you will need to choose a secret question from the list and answer it.
- Enter the date of birth, location, country and the mobile number indicated in the bank records.
- Click on submit. Once these details are saved, you can use internet banking facility.