Air India announced Discount to the Elderly People
The loss-making Air India has announced a 50% discount on tickets for senior citizens. People 60 years of age or older will get this discount. The plan was announced by the Ministry of Civil Aviation on Wednesday. The ticket needs to be booked at least 7 days before the day of travel.
This plan is for domestic flights. If the valid ID is not shown while checking in, the basic fare will be forfeited and no refund will be given. Full details of the scheme are given on the Air India website.
- The passenger must be an Indian citizen and have completed 60 years of age.
- Must have a valid photo ID with date of birth.
- For booking the economy cabin, the 50 per cent of the original fare should be paid
- This offer will be valid for travel to any regions in India.
- This offer is valid for one year from the date ticket is issued.
- Earlier, the scheme was made by Air India, but now the government has approved it.