It is 2019 and Suzuki Gixxer SF is back with some major updates. This bike has an all-new body wok and wide LED headlamps. IT has a neat looking LED tail lamp as well. At a glance it has that big bike feel to it. The standard handlebars have been replaced by low Clipon handlebars affecting the rider’s ergonomics.
- The new Suzuki Gixxer SF still has the same 154.9 ccs single-cylinder engine that delivers 14.1 hp @ 8000 rpm and produces 14 Nm of torque @ 6600 rpm. The engine has a good refinement and works pretty smooth. Nowadays engines are made under BS6 norms to make them environment-friendly. This engine has also lost 1 horsepower to the good cause. The power comes in very linear but the engine does feel a little stressed after 7500 rpm.
|Max Power||14.1 PS @ 8000 rpm|
|Fuel Capacity||12 L|
|Engine Type||Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, 2 Valve, SOHC|
|No. of Cylinders||1|
|Max Torque||14 Nm @ 6000 rpm|
- Despite all the f airings that this bike has, it is pretty light and weighs 146 kgs. The braking duties are done by Bybre 310 mm single disc brake on the front which also gets an ABS that works pretty good. The rear wheel has a 240 mm disc by Bybre but has no ABS which is a bit of a disappointment for a country that extensively uses rear brakes.
- The Suzuki Gixxer SF wears 100/80 R17 at the front and a 140/60 R17 at the rear. The rear tyre is the same as on Yamaha FZ V3.O or Honda Hornet. Pretty wide!
- Gixxer SF has a comfortable seat that has 795 mm of height. It has a decent mileage of about 40-42 kmpl. The fuel tank has a capacity of 12 liters which gives you a range of about 500 kms . New Suzuki Gixxer SF also comes with a new information console which is pretty informative and clean. It is also less clumsy than the console which was on the old Suzuki Gixxer SF.
- Suspensions are on the harder side considering it will run on Indian roads. The stiff suspensions help while handling but the bike but the will make you bounce a bit of a bad patch. Suzuki Gixxer SF has an aggressive riding position so with the stiff suspension it becomes a bit tiring on bad roads. Considering all that new Suzuki Gixxer SF is a good beginner bike.
- Suzuki Gixxer is priced at Rs 1.10 lakh. Competition to it comes from Hero’s newly-launched Xtreme 200 S which is priced at Rs 98,500