Lenovo has launched the 5th Generation smartphone of the Moto G series, called Motorola Moto G5 Plus, earlier this year. The Moto G5 Plus comes with Android 7.0 Nougat operating system out of the box and the company will release the Android 8.0 Oreo OS update later in future. It will take few months to get the Android Oreo update. Here in this article, we will show you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto G5 Plus based on LineageOS 15.
The LineageOS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo is a custom ROM for Moto G5 Plus. Vache develops the Android Oreo LineageOS 15 custom ROM for Moto G5 Plus. The LineageOS 15 custom ROM for Moto G5 Plus is still in the initial stage that means it may have few bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Moto G5 Plus smartphone and want to update and test new Android features, then you are at right place. Just follow the article step by step to download, update and install Android Oreo on Moto G5 Plus based on LineageOS 15.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Moto G5 Plus. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Motorola Moto G5 Plus based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
How to install Android Oreo on Moto G5 Plus based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume buttons together for few seconds.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’ll, you have installed the LineageOS 15 on Moto G5 Plus which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. If you are facing any problem during the installation, let us know in the comment box.