Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL was launched in 2 years back in 2015. It comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system out of the box. The company released the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update to the phone, but the phone has not received the Android 7.0 Nougat update yet. Google has launched the new Android 8.0 operating system, last month. Here in this article, we will show you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone Max based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
The Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for Zenfone Max ZC550KL is a custom ROM. Thanks to the custom ROM developers who develop the LineageOS 15 custom ROM for the Zenfone Max which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo (Android O) operating system. If you have Asus Zenfone Max smartphone and want to update it to Android 8.0 Oreo OS, then you are at right place. Follow the article step by step to update, download and install Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
The LineageOS 15 ROM is still in the initial update which means it may have many bugs or not boot at all. So, proceed your own risk, we will be not responsible if something happens to your device.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
How to Install Android Oreo Asus Zenfone Max based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it, You have installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM based on LineageOS 15 on Asus Zenfone Max smartphone. If you are facing any problem while installing this custom ROM, let us know in comment section.