Xiaomi Redmi 2 was launched in 2015 and also known as Xiaomi Hongmi 2 smartphone. It came with Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system out of the box. The company has not released a single OS update for the phone so far which means the Redmi 2 users will not get the official Android Oreo update. But don’t worry still you can enjoy the Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 2. Here in this article, we will guide you how to upgrade, download, update and install Android Oreo on Redmi 2 which is based on AOSP Custom ROM.
AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Redmi 2 is still in the initial stage and it may have few bugs. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Redmi 2 and want to update to Android 8.0 Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to update, download and install Android Oreo on Redmi 2 which is based on AOSP custom ROM.
- Wifi and tethering
- Camera (the default camera app can take and save pictures. Camcorder doesn’t work, but videos can be recorded through 3rd party apps)
- Proximity sensor
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Xiaomi Redmi 2. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- This method will void your device warranty.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Redmi 2 based on AOSP ROM
- Download GApps
How to install Android Oreo on Redmi 2 based on AOSP ROM
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 2 based on AOSP ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.