Motorola launched the Moto Z smartphone back in September 2016, also known as Moto Z Droid in the U.S market. The Moto Z comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system out of the box and the company already upgraded it to Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system. Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto Z based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
Google has launched its new Android Mobile operating system version, called Android 8.0 Oreo. Most of the companies started working on the Android 8.0 Oreo OS update for their devices. Motorola also planned to upgrade its Moto Z Droid smartphone, but there is no confirmed date when the company will release for the phone.
LineageOS 15 is a custom ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system for Motorola Moto Z. Thanks to the erfanoabdi developer who develops the Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for the Motorola Moto Z. LineageOS 15 Android O custom ROM is still in ALPHA state which means it may have few bugs. So, proceed your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
You have Motorola Moto Z and want to update it to Android Oreo OS, then you are the right place. Just follow the article to download, update and install Android Oreo on Moto Z based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM.
- Camera Preview and Video (But can take picture)
- MP3 Playback
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Motorola Moto Z. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to Install Android Oreo on Moto Z based on Lineage OS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume buttons together for few seconds.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Motorola Moto Z (Moto Z Droid) based on LineageOS 15. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.