HTC has launched the Desire 816 smartphone back in February 2016. It came with pre-installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system out of the box, it already officially upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow by the company. Here in this article, we will guide you to upgrade, download and install Android Oreo on Desire 816 which is based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM. The company has not released the Android Nougat update and we are pretty sure that the phone will not get the Android Oreo update officially from the company.
The company has not released the Android Nougat update and we are pretty sure that the phone will not get the Android Oreo update officially from the company. If you want to experience the Android Oreo features then, you have to go for Custom ROMs.
LineageOS ROMs are custom ROM which based on Android Operating system. Thanks to the developer who develope the LineageOS 15 ROM for Desire 816 which is based on latest Android 8.0 Oreo Operating system. The Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for HTC Desire 816 is still in development stage it may have many bugs or may not boot at all. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Desire 816. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo On Desire 816 based on LineageOS ROM
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
Finally, you have downloaded and updated the Desire 816 to Android 8.0 Oreo which is based on LineageOS 15 custom ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing the ROM, then let us know in the comment section.