Motorola has launched the Moto Maxx back in 2014 and also known as Motorola Moto Turbo. It came with pre-installed Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system out of the box. The Moto Maxx already received the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update officially, but there is no Android Nougat update released by the company, so far. Here in this article, we will guide you how to upgrade, update, download and install Android Oreo on Moto Maxx based on LineageOS 15 ROM.
LineageOS 15 ROM for Moto Maxx is a custom ROM which is based on latest Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. LineageOS 5 Android Oreo for Moto Maxx is still in the initial stage and it may have few bugs or may not boot at all. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device during the process.
If you have Motorola Moto Maxx (Motorola Moto Turbo) smartphone and want to update to Android Oreo, then you are at the right place. Just follow the article step by step to download and install Android Oreo on Moto Maxx which is based on LineageOS 15.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Motorola Moto Maxx (Moto Turbo). Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- This method will void your device warranty.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Moto Maxx based on LineageOS 15
- Download GApps
Download and install Android Oreo on Moto Maxx based on LineageOS 15
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Moto Maxx based on LineageOS 15 ROM. If you are facing any problem while installing Android Oreo on your device, please let us know in the comment section.