Nokia has a comeback in the smartphones market with the latest smartphone announcement at MWC 2017 event. The company launched Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 at the MWC event, and these are the first smartphones that run on Android Mobile operating system out of the box. The Nokia 3 is a budget-range smartphone. Here in this article, we are going to talk about how to root Nokia 3 and install TWRP Recovery.
Nokia 3 has a 5-inch display with 1280 x 720 pixels of resolution. It is powered by a Quad-core CPU which clocks at 1.3 GHz under the hood along with MediaTek 6737 chipset on board. It comes with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB internal storage option along with micro SD card support up to 128 GB. It is featured with an 8-megapixel camera on the back side and an 8-megapixel camera on the front side for selfies and video call. t is packed with 2630mAh battery inside and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system out of the box.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Nokia 3, Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers of Nokia 3.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to unlock Nokia 3 bootloader
- GO to the ADB and fastboot folder and open the command prompt by holding the shift key and press the right click on an empty space.
- Connect your device via USB cable.
- Now write the following command :
adb reboot bootloader
- Write again the following command
fastboot oem unlock unlock_key
- Now replace the unlock_key with the unlock key that you see in the command prompt.
- Now write the following command to reboot your device.
How to install TWRP Custom Recover on Nokia 3
- Download the TWRP zip file from the above-mentioned link and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Again open the Command prompt in ADB and Fastboot folder by the press and hold the sifht key and click the right button of the mouse.
- Now, write the following command.
- If you see the alpha numeric number with fastboot beside, then your device is connected successfully.
- write the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- You have installed TWRP recovery successfully on Nokia 3.
How to root Nokia 3
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the above-mentioned link and transfer it to your device internal storage.
- disconnect your device from PC or Laptop and reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume up buttons together for few seconds.
- tap on the install and select the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully root your Nokia 3 and installed TWRP recovery. To get root access download and install the Superuser app from Google Play Store.