Samsung has launched the Galaxy S6 flagship smartphone in 2015. It comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system out of the box. the company released the Android 7.0 update for the Galaxy S6. Now, Google has launched the new Android 8.0 Oreo OS and released Android O update for its Pixel and Nexus devices. For the Galaxy S6, it will take few months to get the Android Oreo official update. Here in this article, we will guide you to update, download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S6 based on AOSP ROM.
The AOSP is the one of the best customs ROM in the market. The latest Aosp custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6 was developed by lukasb06 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. The AOSP ROM is still in the initial stage which means it may have few bugs. So, proceed your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
If you have Galaxy S6 smartphone want to test Android Oreo features then you are at right place. Just follow the article to update, download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S6 based on AOSP custom ROM.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S6. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable your device USB debugging.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
How to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S6 based on AOSP ROM
- Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the power and volume buttons together for few seconds.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps and migisk zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main memory and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
Now your Galaxy S6 running on Android 8.0 Oreo OS which based on AOSP Custom ROM. If you are facing any problem during this process, let us know in the comment box.